• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tein basic damper coilovers.

Hi,

going to get rid of my tein coilovers as they are far too stiff for my liking.

Just wondering what you guys think they may be worth?

Id settle for a straght swap for OEM shocks and ABP springs do you think id be doing myself out of cash that way?

I have no idea how long the coilovers have been on the car, the car has done 25k so thats the max they will have been on.

Thanks in advance ;)

Here is a set the same,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-01-05-TEIN-BASIC-DAMPER-COILOVER-KIT_W0QQitemZ290286687848QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item290286687848&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Last edited by a moderator:
They were £545 new until a few weeks ago.

I don't have suspension to offer you, but may be interested in buying them off you if the price is right.

:eek: Dont be tempting me with this, im not sure the coilys lower it enough else I would probably go for it

You would be mad not to do a swap tbh..

Hmmm why is that do you think there is any real benefit just for the road?

The cost of swapping wont be too cheap though and I dont think they sit as low as I am

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an email from Tein they say the optimum ride height is 20mm front 5mm rear.

The maximum they lower is 40mm front and 25mm rear - bollox!!

Im sure I have saw cars lower on teins before, possibly even people removing a part of the rear so it would wind down further.

Im now thinking I want a dc5 again :oops:

On a high up setting on the coilovers,
DSC05367.jpg

DSC053542.jpg

DSC053652.jpg

Lowest setting on front and about 4 turns from bottom rear (shady pic),
DSC00221.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

None just a random thought :lol:

Back to reality I need to keep mines and pay it off so I can breathe a bit easier financially.

EDIT: I now see the pics

One side looks higher than the others on the top pics but the bottom ones do show it to be sitting quite low.

Are you saying thats as far as they go at the front?

Back