• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tein problems

They will be different on each side to get the geometry setup right. I've been in a CTR with superstreets before and that was quite harsh and crashy. Also you have the top mounts which will be even harder, dont forget standard shocks have rubber in the top mounts which give a more supple ride, you now have metal on metal.

Coilovers are ok for track based cars but in my experience standard shocks with spoon/eibach/tein springs give a much better ride, or you can go for some uprated shocks like Koni adjustables (which I have on my car). If you are only doing 3 track days a year then I would go for shocks and springs.

I have the superstreets fitted and your not alone with the bumps & bangs just do what I do and turn you're radio up!

How low did you set the coilovers?
If it is too low, it will not have enough damper stroke travel and bottom out....

Knocking can be from the damper, the top mount, or the track rod end... have a check on them just to be sure.

I've heard so many complaints about Tein coilovers and springs; it's put me off them TBH. :?

My springs are annoyingly noisy. Do not want.

I purposely payed £30-£40 extra assuming the quality of the Teins would shine through; no such joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard so many complaints about Tein coilovers and springs; it's put me off them TBH. :?

My springs are annoyingly noisy. Do not want.

I purposely payed £30-£40 extra assuming the quality of the Teins would shine through; no such joy.

How much did you pay for the springs?

I found my Tein springs poor compared to the Eibach springs (both on DC5's) I also thought my Tein MonoFlex where far to noisey again on a DC5. Currently using BC BR Range and they are really quite (only driven a 1000 miles run in on them) See how they do under hard driving. But i have no doubt they will do the job just fine.

I won't run anything other than Eibach or Spoon for lowering springs. I had Eibach myself on my DC5 and I loved them and Dotty had Spoon on his and he rated them highly.

Back