• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tell insurance about a Gruppe M?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Just having a wee think, if the GB for the Gruppe M's go through & add mine to my otherwise standard CTR, would it worth telling the Insurance Man?

Apparently it's a quick & easy swap should I need to do so.

Opinions p...p...please :wink:

Do it! If you're in a crash and can't remove it (ie you're in hospital) your fooked. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Do it! If you're in a crash and can't remove it (ie you're in hospital) your fooked. :wink:

Thank You my Sensible Friend :wink:

Better call the insurance man & see how much he'd like to turd burgle me for?! :?

I 'almost' learnt the hardway in my younger days. I had an older shape civic, air filter, exhaust, wheels, lowered, big stereo system, tints...nothing declared. I was three days from trading it in against another car so taking it easy etc. Then one day coming home from Uni I had a blow out on the M6 which shoved into the crash barrier on both side of the motorway. I was totally fine but the car was a write off (only a year old as well).

Anyhow, I had to go to the scrap yard that the car was recovered to, change over the airfilter and back box (we smashed these up to make it look like authentic) and coated the blue lowering springs in black grease. I then had the longest wait ever for the assessor to call...i flinched everytime the phone went expecting them to say ' sorry, but nothing declared, nothing to pay out'

When the call came from the assessor, his first words were;

"I'll give you £8k for it"

I swear, after all the sleepless nights, and tummy churning phone calls, i would have had his babies there and then

I didn't argue about the price and took the £8k, i wasn't about to take the piss and ask for more.

So, the moral of the story is don't ever take the chance...the hair loss isn't even worth it...i have never been so stressed in my life...(well i have, but this came as a close second)

My car with tints, Gruppe M and Exhaust didn't work out too much more. About £70 iirc per annum.

greenlight is ACE all my mods no extra charge!

8psi charger is only +£150 hmmmmmmm i wonder :twisted:

Mark43 said:
HASNIC said:
SpaceMonkey said:
CTR_Paul said:
Performance AirFilter.... that's all you need to say. 8)

Really :?:

Yep :D

Until they send you a modifications form to fill in and ask for the makes.

Depends on which insurer it is, some use forums so don't so its a wait and see but then general concensus is you should keep your insurer upto date with mods on the car :D

I think I'll be declaring my coilovers and my Gruppe M. Spent too money to lose it all just for trying to be clever.

Declared my Stoptech kit to Direct Line and my premium didn't increase at all althouhg you could argue that these won't make the car any 'faster'.

Just faster into the corners :wink: :twisted:

HASNIC said:
Mark43 said:
HASNIC said:
SpaceMonkey said:
CTR_Paul said:
Performance AirFilter.... that's all you need to say. 8)

Really :?:

Yep :D

Until they send you a modifications form to fill in and ask for the makes.

Depends on which insurer it is, some use forums so don't so its a wait and see but then general concensus is you should keep your insurer upto date with mods on the car :D

A Plan just asked me what I'd done. CAI, Cat back exhaust and tints. They didn't want any more info.

Back