• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tesco Momentum or Shell V-power?

These two brands of fuel have the highest RON number. Which one do you guys think is the best? Considering Momentum is a bit cheaper than Shell.

I use whichever of the two has the shortest queues/is most convenient.

I've been told by tuners that once the car is mapped it should only really be filled on the same type of fuel it was tuned on. For normal OEM maps, put whatever is the cheapest in it. :lol:

I use both to whatever is convenient. Tesco is 135.9 and shell is 138.9 at the moment.

Tesco - It feels like I get more miles out of it and engine runs smoothly as it should

V-Power - It feels fine and engine roars a bit more and a wee bit more aggressive but less MPG, by like 1-2 compared to Tesco.

Both good anyway regardless

I've got a ITB 205 rallye aswell as my EP3 and that was mapped on Tesco but found it runs better on Shell. Can't tell you what I've found on the civic as I haven't owned it long enough to use a tank yet.

I use mostly tesco momentum as the garage is only up the road for me, however, I did go out of my way once to fill up with V-Power. My thoughts are that driving normally I found the v-power to last a little longer though when having more fun it didn't last as long as the momentum. It also ran a little smoother with v-power. I personally think that there wasn't a great deal between the two, the v-power was slightly better but not enough for me to travel the extra amount of miles to get some.

I use sainsburys super unleaded. its the same stuff as bp as its bp who deliver it but just alot cheaper than bp.

Back