• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TGM Brembo big brake kit?

Hi all,

I wanted to find out who on this community has had/driven a car with the TGM big brake kit, which fits over the OEM EP3 wheels without spacers? The only person i know has had them fitted is Lottie but wanted to get more views on them and what their like over the OEM callipers, which just aren't up to the job in my car anymore.

This isn't the race spec version cause i know they have two types of the kit.

They do require spacers, 5mm if I remember correctly. My honest opinion and as you are into your trackdays get the Stoptech kit.

My set were also the trial ones, not sure if TGM ever decided to have them made up.

I have the stoptech BBK and with standard wheels it requires 5mm spacers but they are AWSOME brakes. Brake pads last ages and because it's a bigger disc there is less heat. TGM fitted my stoptechs and I'm very happy with them . Done well over 8 trackdays with them ( including 2 trips to Spa F1 circuit and 'The Ring' ) and there performing great. Also , pad wear and disc wear is really low. I used to fry my old standard caliper & pads almost every 2 track days so these stoptechs are really good as I'm still on my first set of pads !

Tom says they fit straight on with OEM wheels without any spacers. Apparently he had them made up.

I would love the stoptech but at £1500, its too much. Like you nosman, i killed a set of discs and pads on one day at brands hatch and had brake judder under braking and high speed cruising. enough to notice but not enough to damage anything in the long run

Last edited by a moderator:
The pads I'm running on road are the ones you get with the kit and for trackdays I swap them out for DS2500's . That way the pads last ages. I've done two trackdays with the standard stoptech pads in Jan & feb and they felt fine but not sure if they would take as much abuse as DS2500's hence why I changed over when doing serious trackdays like SPA,THE RING ETC .

The discs are approx $230 each.

Do you have to have the spacers at the rear also? im just thinking do you not have to match the track as the front would be wider

Back