• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TGM ep3 BBK worth the money?

Tegiwa, using the 10% discount they posted up the other day (should still be valid)

That would work out about £1500 (ish)

Stoptech kit doesn't appear on Tegiwas website

How the hell can you know? lol

Did you buy yours to them? :)

Stoptech kit doesn't appear on Tegiwas website

How the hell can you know? lol

Did you buy yours to them? :)

Ah thats strange. They were on the old site which existed up until recently... and they were cheaper than eightspeed and other retailers. Plus it's always good to buy from somewhere like Tegiwa.

I got mine from Grinspeed as they were supplied and fitted. One of the calipers needed a shim by the way, worth checking alignment when fitting :)

Ah thats strange. They were on the old site which existed up until recently... and they were cheaper than eightspeed and other retailers. Plus it's always good to buy from somewhere like Tegiwa.

I got mine from Grinspeed as they were supplied and fitted. One of the calipers needed a shim by the way, worth checking alignment when fitting :)

Eightspeed prices are really fair compared to other UK sites i've checked (CPL, Knight Racer, Japspeed, Japshop, Amber Performance, Demon Tweeks & Funky Power...).

The cheapest 330mm Stoptech kit i've found is sold by CPL and Funky with a difference of £50 compared to Eightspeed, but on here you have a 4 pot AP kit for £80 more, which is even more fair IMO

Now i'm even more confused than before lol

I am 100% sure Tegiwa was £30-£50 cheaper than Eightspeed for the 330mm Stoptech. And as I say they currently have 10% off. Worth giving them a call?

I had the TGM Brembo BBK kit fitted in November 2013 to my EP3, which is supercharged as i needed better stopping power.

After speaking to other EP3 owners who have either driven a car with the StopTech of TGM kit to compare, i went with the TGM kit, as it has been used in the VTEC challenge cup with no issue's or complaints for the past 7 years. They also state both kits are similar in stopping power.

Some tuners who are not from TGM and i won't say who they are, say they couldn't say a bad word about TGM's kit and state in comparison, the kits are so similar they would only just by a snippet, go with the StopTech kit but the cost of getting pad's and discs all from America, if nobody had them in stock in the UK would be very expensive as already quoted.
The brembo disc's can be bought here over a variety of websites having checked and the pads DS2500 are also available as they are the same as used on the Ferrari 360 Modena. I think they were about £350 for a set of disc's
The TGM kit is also a fully floating disc set up and i get a lot of, "are they the DC5 Brembo's" until they have a closer look. Another advantage of this kit is i don't need to run spacers, which was another plus point as i like the OEM wheels.

I have to say i can't fault the TGM kit, the improvement over the upgraded stock brakes is day and night.
IMO would take StopTechs video comparison with the Brembo kit with a pinch of salt cause at the end of the day, its Brembo and i think they know what they are doing in road and racing applications.

Cool, just a note, the stoptech kit will need spacers and if their the eibach hub centric spacers, it'll be another £200-£240 for front and rear. Another cost to consider

I'm told by another Stoptech user on here that spacers are not needed. Yet others say they are.

Either way some quality hubcentric spacers are £30 for a pair if they are needed

If its brakes on a budget, why not get a set of the DC5 brembo`s and s2k grooved discs, decent pads and your well cheaper than any of the other kits?

We are not talking about low budget brakes on here, we are just comparing the TGM bbk with other bbks, to see if it's worth saving some pennies or not.

DC5 brakes with s2k discs ir not a bbk, although you improve a little bit braking bite and fadding compared to oem system, i suppose...

There not budget as such and i do see what you mean , but unless the car is getting thrashed lap after lap on track, you could save yourself over £500 going with the DC5 setup,

I looked into the buddyclub kit and spoon calipers for my DC5, the car is a daily and gets driven fast on b roads at the weekend, only sees 1-2 track days a year, so with uprated discs/pads/fluid i found this to be more than enough.

Are you planning on stripping any of the car out?

I did consider the DC5 option but by the time you get the calipers, disc and pads, you could be looking at £800+.

So i thought if your going to do it, with that sort of money, get it done properly. The S2000 discs are still only one piece unlike the TGM BBK and Stoptech, which are 2 piece, so they would run cooler and give you less chance of warping them on track if you go.

I would also like to know where you get hub centric spacers for £30 too! cause the last i knew, like above, they are £100+ for a pair, the last time i was informed.

Back