• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

the best manifold for ep3 type r

hey new to the site im thinking of changing my manifold but dont know what is the best to get the torque and best bhp?

Im thinking of mugen coz it stills keeps the cat but if its worth loosing it to get more power i will lol

can any one help and tell me the best one to go for?
also how do you get round the decat?

this will be linkting to a HKS 409 hi power exhaust

thanks please help if you can

Off the shelf the Toda is the best one for power, and decats the car. You really need to run a Kpro/K100 mapped to make the most of it, and that will also allow you turn the CEL off due to the decat.

As Nick says you really need it mapped if you are removing the Cat. I had the Toda and I couldn't fault it at all. :D

Eather have to kno some one who will navigate round the emmision test, or you have to swap the manifold back to the O.E honda one so the cat is back on and will then pass.

easy

so how do everyone get round the mot situation????
If you scout around the test stations & talk to the testers you'll find out who will sort you out & who won't. Usually word of mouth. Just be careful not to drop them in the stink.

£ for £ the dc sports 4-2-1 manifold is up there with the best, this also de-cats the car so you'd be better of using it with kpro. The Toda is obviously one of the best but costs twice as much as the dc sports manifold for the sake of 1 or 2 bhp, I know which one i'd rather have.

Back