• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The dreaded "Passenger Footwell Leak" issue

The only thing with leaving it & not getting it resealed is as the colder weather creeps up on us the car will always condensate up, go mouldy & start to smell & believe me some of the hondas we get in for water ingress have been leaking for months & months & there disgusting :evil:

I sealed all the way back to that weld, just in case the water was moving the whole length of the roof rail. No sure if it's possible but I wasn't going to run out of seal.

I did have a leak a year ago where the rear driver's side seat belt was damp when unravelled. I got my service guy to seal it while it was in and he sealed that weld just behind the bootlid glass and the umbilical lead cover. No more damp seat belt. It might be worth checking your dad's car for damp seat belts when unravelled. HTH

This problem seems like a pain in the arse. Hope I never have this issue with my FN2. Would Honda sort it out for free then if the millage is below 90k?

Probably not. Mine is only at 70k but I didn't bother going to Honda about it, on the basis the car is 9 years old now. If anything, finding the point where the water was getting in was a bigger pain that actually resolving it. £13 tube of seal and some youtube videos. If I can do it (I'm not hands-on by any means), anyone can.

.... It might be worth checking your dad's car for damp seat belts when unravelled. HTH

He mentioned his damp seat belt in the rear passenger side and I checked it out and said this is the problem.
The boot floor where the suspension turret is was damp too.

Honda will only cover waranty 90k or 3 years , unfortunatly you will have to fund it yourself , but as above £15 for a tube of good quality sealant and an hour or so of your time & job done

Back