• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 The new civic stereo

j

Banned
A friend is getting one tomorow and already wants to know how to change the stereo.

Anyone know how to do it?

And do they come with an I-POD socket or do you think it is better he gets a transmitter thingie for it?

Thanks

Thought it was a bit early for the modding to have begun :lol:

When i looked at the new civic i couldn't see how you could possibly fit a different stereo in it :shock:

But then my eyes are old and knackered :lol:

Mark43 said:
When i looked at the new civic i couldn't see how you could possibly fit a different stereo in it :shock:

Thats what I thought. You would need to replace a large section of the centre console.

paul.goffin said:
Mark43 said:

Thats what I thought. You would need to replace a large section of the centre console.

Yep my thoughts as well :?

Whole centre console has integrated stereo therefore not possible to fit third party stereo unless changing that major chunk of dash. Honda seem to have made it very difficult this time :shock:

icemode.com said:
Whole centre console has integrated stereo therefore not possible to fit third party stereo unless changing that major chunk of dash. Honda seem to have made it very difficult this time :shock:

yep had a bit of a look at one we're talking major facia adaptor to get it to work intergrates with switches and vents :?

j said:
So the short term answer is to stick one in the glove box. :?

:shock: That can't be right!

Or you can go all pimp my ride and get a ghettoblaster for the passeger seat :lol:

seems to be a custom job really, a complete fabrication of the center section either that or wait in the hope that a company comes up with a huge facia adapter

has anybody seen the rear of the unit yet what are the fixings like e.g. is it like din slots behind making it just a cosmetic problem at the front or is there going to be fixing issues as well?

I had a 1.8 litre petrol jobber as a loaner for 3 weeks. The stereo and speaker setup is way way better than the one in my CTR. I would be very happy with it in mine.

Just given a 1.4 loaner back - what a pile of pap!! ANyway, I digress already!

I thought the same thing when I was driving down the motorway today and I reckon you could fit a aftermarket HU in the cubby in front of the gearstick. Looks about the right size....

Back