• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The new motor...

After a truly shite year I decided it was time for some car therapy. The missus has always wanted a cabriolet and after a few months of persuasion I finally convinced her a Peugeot 206 CC was not the solution :shock:

So next week we pick up this:

Mazda01.jpg

Mazda02.jpg

It's a Mk3 Mazda MX-5 2.0i Sport, one owner and only 900 miles on the clock. Would have loved to go with the S2000 but all that power and no traction control with have killed the wife in a week :(

That'll be a lot of fun! 8) Good choice over the Pug for sure! :lol:

Very nice mate. But the S2K doesn't need traction controll, it has a diff and a superb chassis to boot.

Then again the MX-5 is superior round the twisties in stock form.

Looks nice mate. You can't beat open top driving!! 8) :D

I'm sure you would of prefered one of these though!! :wink:

Img_2371BLANK.jpg

The S is not a bad car in the sense that it has too much power and no traction control, if you drive it normally then you have nothing to worry about. :D To drive one of these cars on the revs you will have to know what you are doing, 9 out of 10 females would not like taking it past 6k, they would think it was going to blow up!! :lol: That what my missus says! :lol:

Nice colour choice my man.

Looks very smart.

Get the alignment checked as some were out by a country mile from the factory :wink:

Also, if it helps I have an article in an EVO mag somewhere indoors talking about how much better they perform with slighly different springs.
if you want it mate, let me know & I'll do my best.

Enjoy it mate & hope you get some weather to enjoy it :D

I love it when the clocks (speedo and rev counter) start at 6 o'clock! :twisted: 8)

Composite Guru said:
The S is not a bad car in the sense that it has too much power and no traction control, if you drive it normally then you have nothing to worry about. :D To drive one of these cars on the revs you will have to know what you are doing, 9 out of 10 females would not like taking it past 6k, they would think it was going to blow up!! :lol: That what my missus says! :lol:

The wife has only been driving a couple of years, letting her drive the CTR was an experience in itself, heavy right foot! In the end it came down to finance - would have had to pay over £20k for a low mileage S2000 and the insurance would have been close to £2k a year. Got a sweet deal on the MX-5 :D

SpaceMonkey said:
Nice colour choice my man.

Looks very smart.

Get the alignment checked as some were out by a country mile from the factory :wink:

Also, if it helps I have an article in an EVO mag somewhere indoors talking about how much better they perform with slighly different springs.
if you want it mate, let me know & I'll do my best.

Enjoy it mate & hope you get some weather to enjoy it :D

Will have the alignment looked at ta. Mate has that issue of Evo so I'll try nab it off him, if I can't I'll drop ya a PM.

Very, very nice mate. The wheels look superb, as does the interior.

The MX5 consistently gets rave reviews over its attributes as a "driver`s car".

Good choice, and enjoy ! 8)

Enjoy the new car! I am sure it will be a sweet drive, I don't think the MX-5 has been anything other than that! The interior looks pretty smart as well. I just find it hard to believe that a Pug was ever in the running against the like of this! :D

Back