• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The New Purchase...

Following on from my newbie thread here's a couple of pictures I took this evening of the EP3 I bought about a month back. It's totally standard at the moment, still unsure whether to mod it or not lol.

I'm really happy with it, I can't help thinking it needs coilovers though!

Don't bother with coilovers mate, springs will suffice unless you're a track fiend.

Looking good. :)

tints and black wheels lol then it will look minted even *** looks amazing as it is lol.thats the colour i wanted but i ended up with silver lol am the same about doing stuff no sure all ive done is got an induction kit on it rest is standard part from tints.thinking about getting it remaped though no sure its fast enough but you know how it is lol

I do like my trackdays to be fair, I've done about 20 or so in the last couple of years. I didn't buy the Civic with the intentions of tracking it, but you never know! :)

I do like my trackdays to be fair, I've done about 20 or so in the last couple of years. I didn't buy the Civic with the intentions of tracking it, but you never know! :)
If you do end up tracking it then springs might not work out stiff enough, but you'd have to get a decent set of coilovers which aren't cheap.

If you do end up tracking it then springs might not work out stiff enough, but you'd have to get a decent set of coilovers which aren't cheap.

Yeah, once I've decided what I'm going to do with the car I'll get it modded accordingly. I've heard good things about ABP in Crewe, I fancy finding out how much a fast road set-up would cost. I'd like to try and improve the steering feel too as I'm sure you're all aware of the lack of feel, any suggestions?

FRSU will help but unfortunately it's one of the problems with the EP3, you'll never cure it. :(

I take it you're near Crewe then?

Very nice and liking the pics. I find the steering feel gets better when you're pushing it quite a bit providing it's not too bumpy. Not tracked mine though.

Ah fair enough. Centre Gravity near Nuneaton are pretty awesome at suspension tuning as well.

I've been doing some research and it seems that a lot of people go for Eibach Springs and a FRSU, along with an exhaust and filter. I have a couple of simple questions...

- What does a FRSU comprise of exactly?
- Do I have to damage the scuttle panel to run a Tegiwa Induction Kit?
- Is there an exhaust/manifold set-up that would optimise power without being loud?
- Do forum members recommend Eibach Springs, and how does it affect the ride?

It's the way it is.

I would suggest springs, JDM anti roll bar, intake and cat back exhaust. Once that is all done, see how you feel and if you want more power then get a manifold and KPro. :)

Maybe think about upgrading your pads, fluid and getting some braided hoses as well to improve braking and braking feel.

Nice and clean.

FRSU and RARB's are over-rated IMO. Of course there are benefits - but it's more placebo then it is functional for me. IME/IMO, the benefits of geo are best felt when aggressively employed and the car is driven accordingly. FRSU is conservative (obviously with the road in mind) and for that reason - I wouldn't waste my money on it again personally.

A lot of people swear by it though - so it wouldn't be a bad thing - I just didn't come off the alignment machine thinking the car had transformed in to a cornering demon and was almost disappointed after what I was told and expecting.

I've experimented with more aggressive settings and prefer those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, it's always useful to read various opinions. What I need really is a ride in a couple of modified EP3's so I can make my mind up for myself. Unfortunately for me I've owned cars in the past with awesome handling, so I'm not easy to please! Might even be worth shelling out for coilovers.

Back