• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The OEM Exhaust is poo!

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Yes it is. Recently went back to OEM from Spoon B Pipe and N1 and it's so restrictive now. It's OK low down in the rev range, but higher up that red line never comes!

The only bonus I suppose is how quiet the car is - steath killer! But I miss that spitting, coughing and burbeling through town

Can't wait to get my Apexi Cat back system on now - only a week or two to go now. :cry:

Chris,

All you need to do is get the OEM airbox back on now, and get it back down to SVE for a calibration run on the dyno :)

Jon

JonCTR said:
Chris,

All you need to do is get the OEM airbox back on now, and get it back down to SVE for a calibration run on the dyno :)

Jon

I will be doing this in Febuary mate. The temperatures should be the same as the time when we went there last time. Then I'll put the Gruppe M and Hayabusa on to see the difference.

Reckon you can make it for another meet?

Chris

When you have both exhaust off the car. Can you line up the Hayabusa bb to OEM midpipe to see if it fits?
Also get some pics with the exhausts side by side for comparision please.

Trung said:
Chris

When you have both exhaust off the car. Can you line up the Hayabusa bb to OEM midpipe to see if it fits?

Sure no probs mate. You'll probably have to remind me closer to the time - I've got about 50 things to remember at the moment :lol:

Chris with the Spoon system did you no longer have that 'obvious' v-tec cam change point?

My Buddyclub has almost totally flattened that out :)

Trung said:
Chris

I can do this tonight as I have both parts off the car (Chris is has bought my Apexi and I have a Spoon B pipe on the car now).

Will get some comparisson pics, but I am pretty sure the Apexi BB will not fit the OE mid pipe, the Apexi connecting pipe work between the BB & B pipe is different to the OE system. Will be clear when I get the pics up.

smeg said:
Chris with the Spoon system did you no longer have that 'obvious' v-tec cam change point?

My Buddyclub has almost totally flattened that out :)

Mate, I could feel the cam changeover in 6th :shock:

After putting the OEM kit back on the car runs out of puff - especially in the higher gears.

The spoon really did free a lot higher up in the rev range, but not much noticable difference from 2k through to 4.5k though.

The only thing that kills my VTEC 'kick' is running a tuned k-pro map, and also eliminates the growl from the Mugen airbox at changeover :(

Load up the factory stock CTR map again, and its back regardless of the Spoon system and the Mugen

Jon

Gunn79 said:
Trung said:
Chris

I can do this tonight as I have both parts off the car (Chris is has bought my Apexi and I have a Spoon B pipe on the car now).

Will get some comparisson pics, but I am pretty sure the Apexi BB will not fit the OE mid pipe, the Apexi connecting pipe work between the BB & B pipe is different to the OE system. Will be clear when I get the pics up.
Looking forward to the pics :)

Realistically, any exhaust system will have no effect on High cam change over as proven on dyno charts.
Only ECU controls your VTEC NOT exhaust systems :smt007

Trung said:
Realistically, any exhaust system will have no effect on High cam change over as proven on dyno charts.
Only ECU controls your VTEC NOT exhaust systems :smt007

True, however I remember running with my old Buddy Club Spec III silencer in once, car totally stock apart from that, you couldn't feel VTEC because it strangled the car that much ! Taking it our made a world of difference.

Back