• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 THE RUST PROBLEM

Iv just bought a 2008 FN2 with 70K on it yesterday and this morning iv found a bit of rust the size of a 5p on the rear arch, Im wondering roughly how much I will be to have that treated :confused: also if there is one bit is there likely to be more:eek: I whent over everything on the buyers guide and everything else seemed fine except its due a service, but that will be getting done this week or next. cheers guys:D

You aren't going to know until you or a body shop has a proper look at it.

Is it from a stone chip or previous pant damage? The cars have a 10 year anti-corrosion warranty, but this doesn't cover rust from stone chips or damaged panels.

Ok bad news or maybe bad news, the worst part of this is when I got to Honda they found more (A nice strip right across the windscreen:mad:) they have also said to me it is unlikely Honda will warrant this because if its not structure they only cover 3 years and as far as they are concerned it may not be :| but they also said they will send the pictures to there warranty department and they will look over them and decide at they're discretion. so it is not looking good :confused: any more help anyone what to say or do?

Check on the buyer's guide. Honda have a history of covering the roof rust.

I have an 09 fn2 and Honda covered the £400 to fix the roof only last month.
My main dealer sorted it. They did require a full service history ***.
Ive heard of lots of people getting this fixed for free as its a problem with the windscreen rubber being too hard and rubbing the paint...

I had mine done a few months back and I don't have a full service history but Honda still covered the costs. It's not the actual dealership that covers it I believe it's Honda UK.
At first Honda UK said they wasn't going to do it but Honda of Nottingham argued the fact that even cars with full history and proper checks have had the roof issue so why shouldn't they honor mine. So I suppose it's all down to your local dealership to how much they can be arsed to argue with them. Good luck mate and let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local dealer was happy to submit a goodwill claim with Honda UK for corrosion for the rust on our 57 plate FN2. Honda covered it and the work was done despite it being out of warranty.

Whilst it has a full service history I was never asked to prove it.

Well worth speaking to them.

Happy days!! Honda are doing the roof now they are going to try push the quarter panel through too. So hopefully fingers crossed it all works out! Thanks everyone !

You aren't going to know until you or a body shop has a proper look at it.

Is it from a stone chip or previous pant damage? The cars have a 10 year anti-corrosion warranty, but this doesn't cover rust from stone chips or damaged panels.

Lost. Does this include the rust on the roof seal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have just bought a 2007 FN2. Along the top of the windscreen has started to rust, not really bad just yet but it can be seen so was thinking about sorting it now before it gets any worse. Whats the best way to go about it? Emai Honda uk and send them pictures? I dont really think my local honda dealer is going to show much interest

You have to go through a dealer who will take photos and submit a claim if you fall within the extended warranty period.

That's good to hear, as mine is an 07.

Dealership haven't answered emails; I'm going to have to find the time to get it down to just show up.

Back