• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The ULTIMATE Recaro bucket seat

Trung

Banned
I've finally picked up the Recaro bucket seat that I've always wanted.

Straight out of a Porsche 911 GT3 Cup race car, the Recaro Pro Racer SPA in kevlar. :twisted:

The Bride Zeta II will go to a new owner tomorrow :cry:

No offence, but i think i prefer the bride :oops:

I know the recaro seat is lovely, but as it goes round the side of your head (very good for trackdays etc) i think i'd get annoyed with everyday driving. And plus i think bride is 8) 8)

Very nice though trung, kevlar :twisted:

No probs, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Have to admit, getting in and out of the car is hell lot more difficult than the Bride now. lol

yeah it looks the bomb, i bet is super dooper lightweight too, but maybe more at home in a GT3/RS rather then a civic...

hopefully ur be at the bluewater honda meet on the 27th, i wana see if i can fit :p

Trung you hardcore Mofo!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That is one hell of a seat - I know 100% that I would NEVER fit in that baby!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can understand if it was a proper race car and doing alot of track days but I can imagine that being a nightmare driving on the road :?

Carl

Looks really nice Trung, but i don't think they should be allowed in road cars. Really good for track, but on the road, especailly when harnessed in is going to restrict your side vision. But do like it a lot 8)

Agree with Livvy. Awesome seat but a bit of a daft OTT mod for a road car imho :?

But if you like it then that's what matters :wink:

Looks really cool mate.
You may get issues with the local plod, one of my mate's that does a bit of clubman racing has a similar seat fitted to his racecar which has an MOT, took it out for some pictures, and we just happened to get stopped, explained what we were doing, and he was told that the seat restricted his normal driving position view so could be done for driving without due care and attention, as he could not properly see side views.

Nice set but the side parts round your head obsure vision and are adanger on a road car in my opinion.

The Police as what been said also take a dim view to these seats

Its totally mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Safety items like a roll cage and Trungs seat are seen as dodgy by the police and majority of insurers,yet in an accident whether on track or on the road may well save your life or lessen the injury substantially and lessen the cost to the likes of the NHS :roll:

Sara totally agree with you, I wa slooking at some Sparco seats with the head restraints.

and tried some out at a show, but when I realised about rear visibility, I did wonder, especially as I do more motorway miles now.

Its a cracking seat and I would love 2 :) but I just wouldnt fancy driving it on the road, also strange how some harness are also illegal on the road.

I think the ones that Trung has are classed as illegal as well in the UK daft aint it

They have holes in the seat :lol:

I think it looks lovely but not sure how practical it is.

As for insurers and roll cages you might want to have a word with greenlight as someone mentioned only a £20 admin fee to add it to his insurance policy

Sara said:
Its totally mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Safety items like a roll cage and Trungs seat are seen as dodgy by the police and majority of insurers,yet in an accident whether on track or on the road may well save your life or lessen the injury substantially and lessen the cost to the likes of the NHS :roll:

So what about the push/motor bike he pulls out in front of because he hasn't seen them?

In my eyes these seats, no matter how nice/cool they are should be used for track/race use only.

Yes the air carft buckle ones IIRC

Strange how my car got an MOT and also my rally car used to get an MOT both with all this sort of stuff in. Surely if its ok for MOT then Mr Plod should not be able to do you for it.

And I dont just mean the race seat,carbon panels, plastic windows, bonnet pins,race numbers etc etc :?

Unfortunately having a race seat with head protection dosent lead to completely mis judging pulling out of a side road infront of any vehicle.

Any idiot can do that :roll:

Speaking as a driver and not as someone who can use the law to question these seats I only have one point to make.

If this seat obstructs the ideal line of sight for looking to the left and to the right (as seems to be the case) then it is obvious that the driver will just need to exagerate the movement to make a suitable visual check. :roll:

I have spoken to Trung god knows how many times and I can assure you all that he is not stupid. He would have thought about all of the pro's and cons before fitting this to his car. 8)

I appreciate that legally there may well be some room to question the seat and the visibility issues but I am not a traffic officer or member of VOSA so cannot comment.

Also IIRC isnt there something that also states if you have rear seats then you have to be able to get access to them ie on a 3 door car the fronts must tip forward.

That would make all race seats a no-no in our cars unless you totally remove the rears.

Back