• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The unmentionable

I was out at a meet tonight with my newly fitted aem c1 induction kit. As i was driving it stopped vtecing and wouldn't pull over 5000. I ashume it had too much rain on it as when it calmed down it got better. I have noticed a noise change, when it vtecs at 6000 it sounds like i have angered a swam of wasps for a second then goes back to normal Is thos the normal noise for one of these? as i din't notice it before the water

The AEM CAI does have a significant metalic growl upon VTEC switch over - I thought I had fitted mine incorrectly when I first drove my old CTR with it!

As for the wet issue - Only once in approx. 14 months did I encounter the same problem - I was driving on the motorway in heavy continuous rain. More worrying was when I checked the filter a couple of days later, it was still saturated.

I have never had water issues with my AEM and I have a fooking big hole in my bumper to allow more air into the wheel arch!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I have driven down the M6 from Liverpool to Corley services in torrential rain and had no problems. 8)

It def happened and it was whaming it down. It has stoppped now so i ashume that it was the problem, i can't think of any other reason

kingbuttmunch said:
It def happened and it was whaming it down. It has stoppped now so i ashume that it was the problem, i can't think of any other reason

If the AEM is mounted inside the wheelarch and you have the arch liner in place you will get virtually zero water inside the cavity.

Have you fitted it correctly in every other way?

I suggest (no matter how much of a pain it is) that you remove the intake pipe and inspect it, and the throttle body for water ingress.

I took it all apart and there is no water in the pipe or throttle body. The filter was a bit damp but that is now dried up. I will take it for a test drive in a minute

kingbuttmunch said:
I took it all apart and there is no water in the pipe or throttle body. The filter was a bit damp but that is now dried up. I will take it for a test drive in a minute

Looks like you might be OK then. I'd be worried if there was any damness around.

Back