• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Think i've asked this before :(

Ok Honest Opinion :) You wont like it but please listen to it...............I dont mince my words and normally go stright for the point so this is not meant to be offensive :)

DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF A CAR ????????? FIRST OF ALL

Ok ill explain, do you want a fast car a drivabel car a show car etc etc, now im thinking with the work you allready done you want a show car ish look, as obviously cheap to insure, (your young etc etc) but looks the pimp ??

Now if you want a fast car this is where the problem lies, you could have just gone and brought an oldish EG with 130 odd BHP from the off and tuned that into a show car ?? You could have got a CRX stripped it and made it a fast car etc etc the list goes on.

As for making your car faster, my honest opinion FORGET IT spend the cash elsewhere simple as really, you have allready spent ££££ on that car and it looks nice and you have made a very good job of it, I will not knock that, but It still wont be or ever will be a Fast Car.......

I hope your still with me, yer you can Turbo it, Guy at CPL Racing may be able to put together something for you, even get you a big dump valve to go whootish whootish all the time :) supercharge it etc etc but totally pointless in my honest opinion...............why bother when you can get a faster car out the box for prob less money than it would to do all the work.

Save the cash, and maybe save for a CTR if thats what you really want, but at the end of the day you got to make your mind up what you want.... ill give you a couple of senerios (or however you spell it)

1. I want a 12 Second 1/4 Mile Racing Car ?

2. I want a show car (with low insurance and daily drivable)

3. I want a nice looking car with a bit more power (Simple buy a CTR or something else and keep the mod money)

I think you get what im saying, If you want to chat on MSN about it feel free m8, but i think you get the general idea :)

After speaking to you on MSN, It owuld appear that you dont want to listen, sont worry I ws like this at 18 you will soon grow up and this is not a dig.

You just cant go about buying parts on E-Bay here and there and then getting garages to fit them for you.

Your not even sure what ECU will even control a Turbo conversion on your car, which is one of the most important factors to be honest.

Ok You have had a quote of £3500 from a tuner who has built a 500 BHP Focus, ok sounds great they offered you 180-200 BHP or so you said, your car is currently about 100BHP give or take ?

So we talking a 80-100% Increase in power (and they say no engine strenghening needed etc etc)

Humm how long that will last I ask myself, Im just not sure your doing the wrong thing, the Turbo you showed me will easily spool well over 250-300 BHP so why I ask myself.

You say you want a fun car, Go and buy a Used Clio Cup or something for £4k you wont get much more fun or even an older RG Civic or something, but you say you cant sell the car ?? Im confused, why cant you sell the car outstanding finance etc etc ?? If so then why go spend another £3000 on it making it fun to drive ??

Save the money, I like your car I really do and think you have made a superb job of it and put a lot of time and effort in to it.

But please listen to people on here and other people that have spoken to you on MSN about this and take there advice its just not worth it.

You asked my opinion I have given it simple as that, and In my honest mind your still dont know what you want from a car or the car you have

Where do you get your details from :?:

And i've explained why, and yet you refuse to listen and still tell me to buy another car :roll:

Dynax said:
Where do you get your details from :?:

And i've explained why, and yet you refuse to listen and still tell me to buy another car :roll:

Rich, i don't think you see the reasons why people are advising you??

People are all for you having a quicker car BUT spending in excess of £4k (which is what it would cost IMO) is really huge amount of money to spank to be a bit different?

I'm assuming that quote if from Performance 3000? I've said it before but he's a joker with hondas, and how can he tell you a power estimate when it's never been done and probably knows nothing about the engine?

Just to throw in a scenario, what if you spend £4k on it and you drive down the road and it throws a rod through the block? What then?

It's a case of can you justify spending that much money doing something which at the end of the day is a bit pointless when you can buy a CRX and modify it to be a wicked track day motor?

Where do you get your details from [Question]

And i've explained why, and yet you refuse to listen and still tell me to buy another car [Rolling Eyes]

I like the mugen kit, hence why i have it
18/04/2006 16:13:18 Tarticus Dynax well 150BHP will be no noticible gain to be honest and that Turbo will spool at over 300 BHP m8
18/04/2006 16:13:22 Dynax Tarticus I want to go down the performance route, make my car unique and special
18/04/2006 16:13:39 Tarticus Dynax but 150 BHP aint performance m8
18/04/2006 16:13:40 Dynax Tarticus It was suggested with a custom turbo kit that they could do me, will be about ~180-200bhp
18/04/2006 16:14:03 Tarticus Dynax ok so a 100% increase in power ?
18/04/2006 16:14:20 Tarticus Dynax so what engine strenghening are they doing for that new rods lower compression pistons etc etc
18/04/2006 16:14:27 Dynax Tarticus Dont know
18/04/2006 16:14:36 Dynax Tarticus Why are you asking me? Its obvious your going to be negative no matter what i say

Im not getting another car within the forseeable future
18/04/2006 16:17:49 Tarticus Dynax your just wasting money on that car if you want more fun more power go get a Clio Cup or something or a CRX or an Eg coupe
18/04/2006 16:17:53 Dynax Tarticus And im not sticking with a stock 1.4 civic ;)
18/04/2006 16:18:17 Tarticus Dynax ok best of luck, but your doing the wrong thing m8
18/04/2006 16:18:44 Tarticus Dynax why dont you just buy a K20 engine and transplant it in and a six speed box cheaper than turbo kit etc etc
18/04/2006 16:18:46 Dynax Tarticus In your opinion, you want totally different things to me
18/04/2006 16:18:54 Dynax Tarticus £5,500 for a K20 conversion, pointless
18/04/2006 16:18:59 Tarticus Dynax no m8 im offereing advice to you
18/04/2006 16:19:02 Dynax Tarticus and i'd need new axles
18/04/2006 16:19:10 Dynax Tarticus ''Wrong thing'' in your opinion, not mine
18/04/2006 16:19:13 Tarticus Dynax erm so how much is this Turbo working out to then
18/04/2006 16:19:24 Dynax Tarticus ~3,500
18/04/2006 16:19:32 Dynax Tarticus depends on wether its a custom manifold
18/04/2006 16:19:41 Dynax Tarticus which it looks like it wont be, so could be cheaper

The info is there the only bit you dont seem to answer is why you dont want to sell the car, you aint even got to sell the car like I say buy a CRX older EG coupe or hatch and mod that or use it for track day fun.

But like others have said you dont seem to want to listen, I have also said if you want a turbo conversion for a Honda then go speak to Guy at CPL, ok he aint done it on that Engine thats why he wants to look at it I guess, but sending cars to be modded to people who have had no experience of tuning a Honda engine is madness in my opinion

Back