• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thinking of buying 2015 Type R

Hi,

I absolutely love everything about the 2015 (FK8?) Type R! The only thing holding me back is the 0 to 60 figures. The m135i does it in 4.9 seconds where the Type R in 5.7? Almost a second! They both cost the same and I like them both but Type R more lol. My last car was a Mazda 6 MPS, with mods they can easily do 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds, it handles like a bus though. My current car is a 2006 Honda civic, may not have the speed but it's super agile, lightweight and steering talks to you. I can't decide between the Type R and 135i and It's a big decision! What are the modding options on Type R and what sort of 0 to 60 achievable? I do love traffic light drags now and then, something I miss of the MPS 6

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It's so much more than a traffic light Grand Prix car. If that's all that tickles your fancy, then the Type R probably isn't the car for you. What you do get is one of the best handling and involving cars on the market right now.

The M135i does have a fantastic engine and premium feel to it though. It is however a fair bit cramped in the rear if that's important to you.

The FK2 is front wheel drive so will always be a struggle to launch off the line in a drag race against RWD and 4WD opponents. As Loxy said though this car is not about drag racing its about the overall experience. Go and test drive one if you have not yet and you will see what they are all about.

I was hoping that the 2017 version would come with flappy pedals but looks like they're doing manuals only in Type Rs. My daily work commute has an hour of crawling in traffic

Sent from Tapatalk

I sold my FK2 for exactly that reason, crawling traffic. I did it for nine months in an FK2 but it got tiring in the end. I'm in a '65 330d xDrive now with the zf8.

Where do you live? If the roads around you are all sh*t, then you'll never really enjoy a car like a Type R.

Where do you live? If the roads around you are all sh*t, then you'll never really enjoy a car like a Type R.
South Shields, North East. There are some epic roads nearby but daily work commute is jam packed by the Quayside, Newcastle..

Sent from Tapatalk

I sold my FK2 for exactly that reason, crawling traffic. I did it for nine months in an FK2 but it got tiring in the end. I'm in a '65 330d xDrive now with the zf8.

And I bet you wish you still had one deep down.

Meh, if I could afford one for the weekend aye. If I was only driving the 20ish miles for 30 mins commute that I do at weekends, aye.

If, if, if...

Back