• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

I wanna do a track day but without ruining my car as it's my daily, so would it be best to buy another set off alloys with tyres and some disks and pads ? Total Noob here any suggestions welcome

prob best to upgrade pads, fluid and lines. Don't need to tocuh the discs if they are in good condition.
I wouldn't change tyres or buy new alloys etc until at least you have done a couple of trackdays, no point in spending all that cash on something you've never doen before. Especially as if you are going to buy tyres and alloys just for track work then you would want to go for track tyres, which bring in other costs, baffled sump etc.

Also join here.

http://hondas-on-track.com/

Hi Josh, there's plenty you can do to improve the car on track without loosing day to day usability.

To start with I would just stick a set DS2500 brake pads on and go along to a novice day. HOT are holding one at Brands on the 18th June. This will give you a chance to see what it is all about and get an idea of what needs improving before chucking a load of money into the car.

If you start to do more days I would look into upgrading to grooved discs, braided brake lines, uprated fluid and getting a baffled sump.

Then it's up to you how far you take things. Lowering springs, JDM Rear ARB, FRSU, LSD etc are all worth looking into before any power mods IMO.

As Harv says I would also hold off getting track tyres until you have more experience.

Also what is done about petrol is there somewhere to fill up on site ? And how much fuel could I expect to use.? I also have some performance upgrades I have a tegiwa carbon fibre induction kit (replica off gruppe m) and a supersprint unsilenced b pipe to a oem back box will this be ok For noise limits

Also what is done about petrol is there somewhere to fill up on site ? And how much fuel could I expect to use.? I also have some performance upgrades I have a tegiwa carbon fibre induction kit (replica off gruppe m) and a supersprint unsilenced b pipe to a oem back box will this be ok For noise limits

It varies to be honest. Some venues have fuel available on site but its usually fairly expensive. If not there is almost always going to be a petrol station close by or you could take along a few jerry cans as some people do.

You should be fine noise wise but to be safe I would recommend going along to your nearest track when they are holding an event and ask to be tested.

I'm thinking about buying another car all together just for the track if I hAd a budget of 1k could go halfs with a mate and for £500 each you can buy a bmw 2.5 coupe ! That would be better than ruining my premier edition ctr lol

I'm thinking about buying another car all together just for the track if I hAd a budget of 1k could go halfs with a mate and for £500 each you can buy a bmw 2.5 coupe ! That would be better than ruining my premier edition ctr lol

I wouldn't worry about ruining your car. Get yourself along to a HOT day, book a tuition session and build up slowly.

thanks lottie that Does give me some reinsurance , it's just that it's absolutely mint and only done 53k and don't wanna spoil the alloys with brake dust or kurb them etc .. but I'm very interested in doing a novice track day need to sort brakes ***,braided brake lines ds2500's for the pads ? Oem disks ok ? With uprated brake fluid, and my tyres are bridgestone potenzas
I took my Premier out on track when it was only 6 months old, its now knocking on 7.5 years with many trackdays under its belt and its never missed a beat.

Take a look here at the thread I created on HOT for track newbies..
http://www.hondas-on-track.com/forums/index.php?topic=2360.0

thanks lottie that Does give me some reinsurance , it's just that it's absolutely mint and only done 53k and don't wanna spoil the alloys with brake dust or kurb them etc .. but I'm very interested in doing a novice track day need to sort brakes ***,braided brake lines ds2500's for the pads ? Oem disks ok ? With uprated brake fluid, and my tyres are bridgestone potenzas

Put some alloy wheel sealant on to help with the brake dust. You wont curb them, unless you seriously get your lines wrong! OEM discs will be fine as will the Bridgestones.

Going to sign myself up to this also. Very interested in tuition and will be getting some DS2500s soon along with FRSU :)

I would recommend track day Insurance if your concerned, accidents can happen through no fault of your own, buying a £1,000 car can be a good option.

Hey josh sparkes, I can see its been a while since you posted this thread. Did you do a track day in the EP3 or decide to go for a second car?

Me and my brother recently did a track day. open circuit at Oulton Park. Fantastic day. Standard car apart form stripped out as much as possible.

Full cage
new pads and discs
fresh service
cat back
Light alloys and Nankang Ns2s , held up well

Loads of really nice cars on the track, Arial Atom running a supercharged K20. And some lads preparing there car for Civic Cup.

cant wait to go again

loads more pictures and videos

Last edited by a moderator:
Back