• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thinking of selling my EP3

I'm thinking of selling my EP3 but have no real idea what it's worth and have got conflicting indications from online valuation sites.

I've got a black '03 plate with a/c pre face lift.

Bodywork is I would say in a good to very good condition and does polish up really well.

Wheels do have a few crusty patches from before I got the car that I haven't got around to sorting out but they still come up nicely when cleaned.

The interior is clean and largely unmarked with the exception of the drivers seat which does have some bolster wear and 100mm by 10mm patch of stretched fabric at the base of the seat.

I'm the third owner, the second purchased the car in 2006 and the stamp in the service book at that point shows 29,125 miles. The second owner was a colleague of mine who used the car for commuting the 100+ miles trip to our place of work each day. The result was that for a number of years between 18 and 25k have been put on the car each year for a number of years.

I bought the car in December 2012 and use it as my daily commute also, albeit it's a 25m round trip.

The main reasons I see that are causing the difference in opinion on the valuations is mileage and service history. The last stamp is at a main dealer back in 2008 when the car had covered 70,469. Since then the car has been privately serviced but without a stamp in the book these obviously cannot be taken into consideration. Secondly, the car is now close to 161k and whilst it drives like a much lower mileage example due to 100k plus being motorway miles you cant get away from the fact that it's a high mileage car.

The car is completely 100% standard and unmolested. I can vouch for the way it had been driven since 2006 and for the last 130k and would categorically confirm that it has not been miss treated in any way.

I will be very sorry to see it go but need something that will return a higher mpg even if I have to sacrifice a car I love driving for a car that I hate.

I'm sure it would make a good starter for anybody wanting to get on the ladder of owning an EP3 and I'm sure there are not many examples around that have literally no modifications.

I made enquiries today to Px against an equally high mileage derv which I thought would be close to a straight swap and was shocked and insulted when offered what I felt to be a very low value for mine.

Over to you guys, based on the info above what do you think it's worth either as px or a private sale?

They're are so many EP3's for sale and all vary in mileage, SH and condition. But the prices don't always seem to match up.

Maybe £2500-£3000?

With that kind of mileage you are going to be looking at £2k MAX I reckon.

I have been keeping an eye on prices and have seen cars below 100k for £2.5-£3k

Yeah private.

I had a look last night and N77 is right. I'd advertise for something like £2250 and be ready to take £2000.

Back