• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

This is my EP3, check it out and advice on what to do next is very welcome :)

So hi Vtec lovers

I thought it was time i uploaded a few pics and details on the work I have been doing over the last few months and hopefully discuss with fellow Vtec lovers what to do next.

Take a look at what I have and please feel free to comment on anything bearing in mind im fairly new to the forum world and the Red R world for that matter.

I undertake all the work myself and enjoy the process...... Enjoy!

This is how it looked when I bought her...... was very unsure about the white wheels, looked good when clean but dam hard to keep that way.
Also had a Nurburg sticker on either side..... would be cool if it did go around the ring but im guessing it didn't and these looked poo so came off right away.

Attachments

• IMAG0074-01.jpg
    IMAG0074-01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0071-01.jpg
    IMAG0071-01.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0070-01.jpg
    IMAG0070-01.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
Next up was a DC Sports cat back exhaust which i might add sounds awesome!! not too big either with 2.5" tube and im guessing a 3" exhaust tip (im yet to measure)

Attachments

• IMAG0122-01.jpg
    IMAG0122-01.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0121-01.jpg
    IMAG0121-01.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 35
Next up I fitted brake pads and new disc's I didnt get a pic of the process here but i got the end result.
Whilst doing the brakes i painted the calipers and added a nice bit of branding i think makes them stand out a little more.
I also got fed up of cleaning the white rims and sprayed them black, give the car a meaner look no?

Attachments

• IMAG0119-01.jpg
    IMAG0119-01.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0118-01.jpg
    IMAG0118-01.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0117-01.jpg
    IMAG0117-01.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0116-01.jpg
    IMAG0116-01.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 48
Ok so im getting there :) so the fog lights were bugging me im not too keen on them nor do i use them, i dont like the yellowish light so these came out!

Attachments

• IMAG0077-01.jpg
    IMAG0077-01.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 51
so last week i got myself a RBC inlet manifold and a Tegiwa carbon intake..... i know i know the Gruppe M has bragging rights but I saved myself a good 300 squid that will go towards my Re-map!!! ;) the intake sounds awesome and the RBC makes it super responsive! check out the size difference on the Inlets

Attachments

• IMAG0082-01.jpg
    IMAG0082-01.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0081-01.jpg
    IMAG0081-01.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0080-01.jpg
    IMAG0080-01.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0125-01.jpg
    IMAG0125-01.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 62
Heres the engine bay and the intake scoop in the scuttle

Attachments

• IMAG0124-01.jpg
    IMAG0124-01.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0120-01.jpg
    IMAG0120-01.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0115-01.jpg
    IMAG0115-01.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0126-01.jpg
    IMAG0126-01.jpg
    837.4 KB · Views: 61
Today I polished up my gear knob ;) and added a short shifter, makes a big difference in the throw distance up and down feels very solid too

Attachments

• IMAG0123-01.jpg
    IMAG0123-01.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 42
thier is a big difference in the size eh, when you see them like that thats awsome, you cant put the silver engine cover on any more though eh?

could you feel a difference by any chance?

yes there is a mega difference in the size had to cut away at the bonnet slam pannel a little to fit it in and no the iVtec cover wont fit back on but why would you want it? stupid plastic covering my lovely engine, it isnt a VW!!!! ;) The Inlet has added a lot more throttle response and enhanced the sound when it kicks into Vtec but im not running a standard map so hard to say how much improvement would be gained on stock ECU and map. well worth it!

Today I polished up my gear knob ;) and added a short shifter, makes a big difference in the throw distance up and down feels very solid too

Where did you get your short shifter too mate? Im very interested in getting one as i hate having a floppy gear stick!

Where did you get your short shifter too mate? Im very interested in getting one as i hate having a floppy gear stick!
Ha ha no body like a floppy gear stick!. my short shifter is from Tegiwa its made a huge difference it feels very tight when shifting now. I also added an alloy solid bush kit for the shifter and gear linkages and again feels very tight and solid when shifting, takes a bit of getting use to but very rewarding!

You've still got a header & TB to go before its worthwhile going down the cams route.

Perhaps look at springs/FRSU/brakes first?

You've still got a header & TB to go before its worthwhile going down the cams route.

+1 when you eventually get round to the cams i can vouch for the TDi drop in cams, excellent value for money and a good increase in power! :) your vtec will probably be raised to 5800rpm as thats what paul had to do to mine and i have same mods as you

Ha ha no body like a floppy gear stick!. my short shifter is from Tegiwa its made a huge difference it feels very tight when shifting now. I also added an alloy solid bush kit for the shifter and gear linkages and again feels very tight and solid when shifting, takes a bit of getting use to but very rewarding!

Ive gone back to my the original gear linkage bushes as i think the solid ones do more harm than good, i've kept the shifter ones in though.

I have 4-2-1 de-cat header on already just not updated on here, was looking at the DC but went for japspeed as practacly the same..... the noise is awsome if not a little tiring at 5am. :s Is it possable to get a bigger TB on the RBC inlet coz i think the inlet adapter is 70mm? and are the gains worth while? the brakes and springs are in the pipe line, im looking at a brembo set from a dc5.

+1 when you eventually get round to the cams i can vouch for the TDi drop in cams, excellent value for money and a good increase in power! :) your vtec will probably be raised to 5800rpm as thats what paul had to do to mine and i have same mods as you

My full throttle vtech is set at 4500rpm and half at 5500rpm at the moment and i love that it kicks in so early, what power range do you feel more gain from your cams? you must be getting to 5800rpm much quicker. did you have to replace any valves or springs with the cams? I need to pay a visit to TDi as i need my car mapping to these parts now to benafit from all my hard work :)

Back