• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

This one's for you detailers...

Hey fellas, I'm going to detail my NHB EP3 soon and just need to confirm if I have the right/good stuff?

1. BiltHamber clay
2. Gtechniq P1 - compound polish
3. Poorboys Black hole - glaze
4. Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 - sealant
5. Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax

Will these work well with one another? Any tips?
I will be doing by hand.

Cheers

I was warned off the poor boys world as is masks swirls and fills scraches which is fine if that's what you want. But if you want to correct the paint get rid of the swirls then you may need other products I just used a selection of menzerna products and I'm really pleased with how the car came up the flake looks stunning in the sun now and all the marks and scratches are gone only a couple of deeps ones remain but it's a 2007 car it will
never be 100% perfect.

You weill need a polisher to get rid of serial marks any correction done by hand will be minimal mate. Black is a nightmare took three days to do mine. First attempt tried all the polisher going by hand. They do a lot of cleanyoucar for 220 for a meguires dual action polisher and menzerna pack it's worth it trust me.

The Gtechniq p1 is to get rid of the swirls is it not? Poorboys is just to fill the imperfections and give a wet gloss look I thought. I understand a polisher will give better results but just want to see how it comes out by hand, maybe one day I'll invest in one. Your car looks amazing though, good job

Worth the investment, gtechniq is the dog dangly bits I'm sure you will make an improvement with it I got very anal so went for the polisher. You might need some ipa before you put the poor boys on it though mix it 50:50 with water and spray it on after you've used the compound polish and wipe it of with a microfibre cloth it will help you see how your correction is going and get any oils in the polish of the car I had to with menzerna. Your wax
may not stick to the car if the compound oily worth having and it's cheap to buy.

Back