• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Those of you with stiff gear changes...

Not sure if this is the reason for all the stiff gear change issues but I recently found the problem with mine which also explains why my clutch has been squeeking.

I was washing the car the other day and took the ash tray out for a clean only to find a small cup of oil in the recess behind the ash tray. Took it to the dealer, and sure enough it was coming from the gearbox. But more importantly they also found that some of the oil actually leaked onto the clutch plates causing the squeeking sound I was complaining about. So this basically means a new clutch had to be installed..... under warranty 8) New clutch under warranty at 39k miles = RESULT!

thought I'd share that with you lot :lol:

Good result - Glad they came clean with the truth, could have easily covered that up, but I guess as its a warranty issue, the dealership doesnt loose out :)

Sometimes when I'm sitting in traffic I have to really wrench my car into first. "CLUNK" But it makes it easier if I fully press the clutch, release and then select 1st.

I dont have a squeeky clutch but I will have a look behind the ash tray unit.

1st gear....

Sometimes when I'm sitting in traffic I have to really wrench my car into first. "CLUNK" But it makes it easier if I fully press the clutch, release and then select 1st.

Hi folks....have done a search on forum for 1st gear issues-this is the only
relevant quote i can find,i also have a job selecting first gear sometimes-more so when car is cold-i have no problems with any of the other gears,
does anyone else have experience of this on a ctr? p.s the clutch does not squeak at all.....cheers.

Hi folks....have done a search on forum for 1st gear issues-this is the only
relevant quote i can find,i also have a job selecting first gear sometimes-more so when car is cold-i have no problems with any of the other gears,
does anyone else have experience of this on a ctr? p.s the clutch does not squeak at all.....cheers.

Try having the gearbox oil changed at the dealers, this might help a bit.

I changed oil gears are still stiff. Clutch is squeeky but nothing behind ashtray I'm thinking bout changing clutch and applying bit of grease on cylinders as that's what has been mentioned on here for the squeek.

Back