• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thoughts and opinions on the HKS Silient Hi Power exhaust

Hi guys,

I have not found much information on the HKS Silent Hi Power exhaust, obviously it is quite a quiet aftermarket system which is what i am looking for after the ear bleeding wonderfulness of a BC pro spec. however does anyone know much about the gains, HKS reckon it is not very restrictive how does it compare to an OEM DC5 exhaust?

Another question is around build quality are HKS much good?

thanks in advance.:eek:

These are supposed to be restrictive, but I've seen no real evidence.

Build quality is pretty poor to be honest.

Build quality is good but most you find second hand these days are old. HKS make spoon's N1 exhaust system if you want to compair. The silent hi power is designed to give gains but at the same time silent. The mugen twin loop is the most restictive as it has to double back on its self. Hks's design keeps exhaust flow moving in 1 direction while the side resinater acts like a double baffle bringing nose down but because it not directly in the flow of the exhaust gases it will give u gains simalar to any other exhaust system!

Disagree.

HKS is not good quality, like the RM01A for example.

Twinloop is not restrictive at all, has been proven many times with decent gains.

Most restrictive exhausts I've seen are all of the Kakimotos.

Well everyones opinion is different but in theory exhaust gases travels further in a twin loop which makes it restrictive. The oem back box on the dc5 works the same but internaly which isnt much better. Best power is made with exhaust that goes from the manifold straight out the back.

In theory, maybe. But in real life, the Mugen Twinloop is a very good exhaust.

Whereas, the HKS doesn't even come close.

"Pinch of salt".

I've owned a Twinloop, made great power. Few others on here have Twinloops too, and are making really good power too.

"Pinch of salt".

I've owned a Twinloop, made great power. Few others on here have Twinloops too, and are making really good power too.

Just to add to the mix doesn't Dotty reckon his twinloop is slightly restrictive, dont get me wrong i think the twin loop is a fantastic exhaust which sits so well on the car with a great note.

The mugen will give better power than a DC5 oem box. Im not sayin the mugen is rubbish its fair from that but if you look at dyno figures most standard design exhausts like the spoon, BC, toda, feels, fujitsubo, HKS these will always give better power as their made with a straight through design which allows exhaust gases to escape quicker. The mugen is desinged for silence in mind but at the same time tryin to gain power. Any exhaust that double backs on itself wont make as much power as a striaght exhaust.

Fair one bud thought i saw it in a thread on the ITR-DC5 forum. Either way the shaping of the loop and construction is awesome.

Mugen is probably the coolest lookin exhaust ever but it is made for silence and with silence comes restrictions

Most dyno figures I've seen suggest that the Twinloop doesn't make as good power as other exhausts such as the Toda, Spoon and other, but it is far more civilised and does make more power than OEM.

Most dyno figures I've seen suggest that the Twinloop doesn't make as good power as other exhausts such as the Toda, Spoon and other, but it is far more civilised and does make more power than OEM.

I would guess it is a lot lighter than OEM as well Chris?

I would guess it is a lot lighter than OEM as well Chris?
I wouldn't know, but more than likely.

The only exhaust I've held is the Spoon B Pipe and N1 and that is a lot lighter than OEM. I can't remember the weight of the Hayabusa, but it must have been lighter than the N1.

Back