• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Throttle bodies

Just wondering if it is worth getting Throttle bodies, how much work would be needed and what else would I have to get to go with them?:confused:

Just stick with getting the RBC inlet mate. Far cheaper and easier.

yup, had them on my old Mk3 golf GTI. Petrol stations were my best friend and couldnt resist saying hello to one every 2 days.

:confused: What will this do, and how much will it cost?

but will it make much difference to the cars performance. If it gives a good enough gain in power, then it will be worth doing it, wouldn't it?:smt047

power gain and using fuel do not go hand in hand. I spent a shizz load on mine and the gains were not that good. Wish it was kept standard to be honest.

Yeah, but with Cams, porting, a good mapper, injectors etc

Just wang a turbo on it if you want 50+hp without fannying about :lol:

Will cost thousands to put ITB's on. One of the most expensive n/a mods you can buy. Unless your are an n/a purist, you would be better off with a S/C

A good mani, zorst, induction, K-Pro, RBC and cams will see you 260-270bhp. Mines sitting at 245bhp with a part tune, no cams on.

I have looked a changing my throttle body and have been told it is almost a complete waste of time for gains.

cant beat the sound of them tho, and yes they are expensive and if u dont to the rest of the engine to suit is a waste of time

Back