• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Throttle body and fuelling?

Hi guys I've got an ep3 which is running an RBC inlet manifold, k&n typhoon induction kit, dc sports decat exhaust manifold and dc sports catback system. It's got the k100 fitted and mapped for all those modifications. I've just bought a 70mm throttle body and am also fitting a mugen airbox and removing the k&n. Would I still be ok to run the throttle body without needing another remap? I was just wondering as obviously I'll be changing the airflow and didn't want to run lean or anything? I'll also be getting the rbc matched to the 70mm throttle body.
Cheers Rob

The throttle position is part of the map and the change of throttle body will more than likely affect this, so yes it will need remapping to run properly.

I've bought a brand new throttle position sensor and am getting that fitted and setup at the same time the throttle body is fitted. I was just wondering if it will run lean at all due to the increase in airflow from the bigger throttle body.

The Engine ECU should compensate for the increased intake air through monitoring of Lambda values when in closed loop.
May run slightly lean open loop.
I wouldn't worry about it, but think about having it tweaked in future for optimal performance.

That's a relief then because I can't quite afford to get it mapped again at the moment but also don't wanna do any damage so thought I'd try and find out first. It runs pretty rich and you can smell it aswell. Ideally I'd like to get a set of cams then get it mapped to get the best out of it all.

Back