• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 throttle cable

Any of you guys ever suffer from a sticky throttle cable? It's only just started to do it. I've squirted a bit of oil on the cable and its better but not perfect. Is there another solution or do I need to buy a new cable?

Any of you guys ever suffer from a sticky throttle cable? It's only just started to do it. I've squirted a bit of oil on the cable and its better but not perfect. Is there another solution or do I need to buy a new cable?

Best to unclip it that the TB and put a good dose or 3 in 1 (or similar) down it. You shouldn't need a new cablw :)

Commen problem, as Stu said, run some 3-1 down the cable sleeve, also check it's mounted correctly on the rocker cover clips and that the clip's not to tight and squashing the cable.
I would also rmove the air intake pipe from the throttle body and give the throttle body and buturfly a good clean out with carb/brake cleaner, as these can also stick due to carbon build up:smt023

Thanks, Guys. Had a good Sunday playing with the cable and cleaning as you both suggested. Now it's much better:eek:

Hopefully the wife will stop kangaroo-hopping down Great Western Road with her mates in the back all telling her she's a crap driver! :evil:

Thanks, Guys. Had a good Sunday playing with the cable and cleaning as you both suggested. Now it's much better:eek:

Hopefully the wife will stop kangaroo-hopping down Great Western Road with her mates in the back all telling her she's a crap driver! :evil:

the small shopping car is best for the wife - the ATR is for you only ;) :lol: :lol:

I also had a sticky throttle cable. Tinkered with it for a while but in the end it was off to Honda for a new one to be fitted.

Mine was sticky so I bought a new cable and fitted it. A bit better but still stuck. I found that the pedal itself had become a bit sticky at the point where the hinge meets the spring. Gave it a grease up and re-fitted it and job done:D

There is a how-to here mate...

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=140289&hilit=Throttle+cable+adjusting

I did mine before I even saw this and was amazed how much more responsive it made the car. There seemed to be a distinctive delay between putting my foot down and the engine picking up beforehand. Just don't over-adjust it as your idle speed will be affected. If this happens just back the bolts off again.

If you are careful you don't need to remove the VTEC cover, although I'm sure it would make access much easier.

Back