• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Time to replace my pads....

Ok, it's now time to replace my front brake pads for the DC5...got about 2k left in them.

Should I let honda get them for me £107 fitted, or is there anything else out there that'll perform better etc????

Also, anyone do the standard ones cheaper? Had a look but can't find much....d*mn these rare cars :roll: :lol:

Thanks in advance 8)

Don't think so mate....running with Brembo's on there :?

Front 'Brembo' brakes (300mm ventilated disc & aluminum 4pot caliper)

That was copy & pasted :oops: :D

What about some Red Stuff pads?

Not too sure on the DC5 front but I'm sure some of the tuners would offer some advice :idea:

milano_chris said:
What about some Red Stuff pads?

Not too sure on the DC5 front but I'm sure some of the tuners would offer some advice :idea:

EBC to be honest are shite!

Go with the DS2500 8)

Andy

Welsh-Rich said:
Cheers guys...settled on the OEM ones!

Once again Dave @ Dave Johnson Honda has come up trumps 8)

That man is a living legend 8)

Its Steels Honda though bud!

Andy

andyd said:
Welsh-Rich said:
Cheers guys...settled on the OEM ones!

Once again Dave @ Steels Honda has come up trumps 8)

That man is a living legend 8)

Its Steels Honda though bud!

Andy

Bugger it...I got so close :oops: :oops: :oops:

Should really have checked first....knew it was wrong!:lol:

I have got ferrodo DS2500 pads on mine and they are shit hot! 8)

I assume they will as good on yours but not sure. I use standard discs with them.

Had to replace pads and discs twice now! go for them everytime. About £100.

Cheers Nat...ended up getting the standard Brembo's from Honda in the end, Dave at Steels is a legend 8)

Although few people have mentioned the DS2500's now...think I may give those a try next :D

Welsh-Rich said:
Cheers Nat...ended up getting the standard Brembo's from Honda in the end, Dave at Steels is a legend 8)

Although few people have mentioned the DS2500's now...think I may give those a try next :D

When i bought my car there was standard pads - and I warped the discs (too late and hard braking apprently! :lol: :oops: ) when first had them put on i nearly went through the windscreen! :wink:

Back