• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Timing bellt has been changed

The timing belt has been changed on my Honda Civic 2005 but the mechanic said he thinks there could be damage to one of the pistons because it is making a creaking sound when being turned manually.He said he put oil down one of the ports where the and the creaking seemed to stop. He doesnt want to do a compression test as he reckons it might cause further damage. He said he will have to take the head off the engine. Is this a big job and what will need to be done if there is any damage. Thanks for any advice.:confused:

Cant see how a compression test can make anything worse

Its same as tuning the crank by hand just with a pressure gauge where spark plug would be

I'm confused... Are you sayin you took your car in for a timing chain and now the mechanic is saying your engine is damaged? If that's the case...Sounds like he owes you some engine components to me!

Back