• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Timing chain advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some clear advice would be great.

After reading on fb pages, speaking to the previous owner of my ep3 and My local Honda dealer, I’m getting very mixed advice on when to change the timing chain, tensioner and guides etc… So far I’m sticking to what Honda told me. I was told the chain should not need changing. But lots of people say over time it’s best to change it. My cars done 140,000 even after speaking to Honda they tell me it shouldn’t need doing even at that mileage unless it’s necessary. Honda quoted me £900. ( I’ve brought a replacement chain, guides etc)

Others say the chain can stretch and is worth changing if the car has done more than 100,000 miles. Engine is fine smooth no grinding or ticking sounds. So if it ain’t broke why fix it? Also let me just get my tin foil hat on I don’t want to disturb the engine. Opinions please. However I’ve got the parts and for piece of mind I think it’s worth changing.

Cheers Ollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back