• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Timing Chain

So I just had my timing chain replaced and now it's seems that I have a gutless Honda and it seems louder and the cold air intake doesn't seem to be sucking as hard??? Why? What have the garage done to my car?

At a guess the timing could be out, but the first port of call would be to take it back to the garage that did the work.

The cold air intake doesn't seem to be working at all as I just drove for 10 mins and the temp gauge almost hit red! Gonna head back tomorrow with it. Just don't get what they could have done to make this happen

As Loxy says timing could be out , also on the ep3 they have a coolant pipe that runs accross the front ov the chain cover that needs to be removed , may be they not blead it up correctly but take it back to the garage & try not to let the temp go in the red

I would say they need to visually check the timing is correct then look into the high temp etc

Check the drive belt is on and routed correctly. Seen people either fit the wrong drive belt or route it wrong and it spins the water pump backwards causing the engine to overheat.
As for lack of power, checking the timing is easy enough for the garage. They may have left something unplugged. Either way, take it back and get it sorted.

So the car has just come back out of the garage and it still feels restricted to a extent. Hasn't over heated as of yet but still doesn't feel right and the intake doesn't seem up to scratch

Nothing when they warmed it up they said it was fine and when I drove it yesterday the temp gague went mad. Took it back they said it was ok the temp is staying down but the intake is doing nothing

That much I don't know I'm going to ask my brother in law when he gets in from work to have a look he's good with civics. I just don't understand why the vtech isn't working properly

Back