• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

To FRSU or not (please move thread if needed)

Hi,

I went to visit EuroSpec in Guildford today. Very impressed overall with the level of service and the building itself - loads of Jap cars to take a look around :)

Anyway, I'm was planning on getting FRSU including the arms fitted to the car shortly, but one of the blokes at EuroSpec mentioned how they had done this on several EP3s and people weren't aware of how much of a difference it makes day to day on the normal roads. Apparently one bloke had come back 3 times to moan about the setup on the road.

I understand there was going to be a difference day-to-day but I thought that the difference would be a positive one. The reason the bloke was moaning is because apparently the car sits more like on "tram lines" on the road, so can make it a bit twitchy.

This is completely different to comments I've seen on here, including one member saying the FRSU being the best mod they had made!!

The reason I'm getting the FRSU is due to starting to do track events, like Silverstone in March. However, this is still very much my day to day car, and only plan to do a couple or few at max events a year!

I guess I'm just looking for some feedback or advice on getting or not getting FRSU.

Thanks all.

Benn0.

Pound for pound best mod I had on my EP3.

Not sure what that bloke is on about? I thought it drove fine. Maybe the settings were a little too aggressive?

Thanks Allen. Do you by any chance know of the settings that were done on yours? Maybe these guys are setting up differently

Best thing I've done to my EP3 yet.

You can set it up however you like, depending on your driving style. I have mine set to be quite aggressive, because the direct and unstable feel works for me. Never had tramlining in mine, could be the smooth roads here though. If you're concerned about making it difficult to drive day to day, then use small amounts of toe-in front and rear to keep it stable. It will feel much more planted and predictable with the geo set up accurately.

Tyres are an important factor with FRSU. may be the guy that complained has scrubbed his tyres with adverse camber - and after FRSU he will find that if handles like crap.

I guess TDi North will know the ideal set up for normal/fast road set ups? Im going there for mine.

Hi Dave, unfortunately I way down south near London so quite the journey! I've booked in with eurospec after getting some good feedback from some of the guys on here!

Yea unfortunetly theyre Miles away from me as well, im up in Newcastle upon Tyne but I trust they'll do it right so worth the journey imo!

Ive recently ordered eibach lowering springs (pro kit), eibach front camber bolts, eibach rear camber arms,jdm rear anti roll bar along with the better bushes, Im in Cambridge so im about 3-4 hours away, but Im still going to make the journey only heard good things about tdi north good price too.

FRSU completed today by eurospec. Didn't go for usual settings, got 1.35 negative camber at front with 0.05 toe out. Then 1 degree negative camber at rear with no toe.

Settings aren't to aggressive but f me...it sticks round corners!

Back