• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

To paint or not to paint

Hello,
in to minds whether to paint calipers red or not
Has anyone done it and what colours have you gone for best paints etc

Here are mine red on standard 18" alloys, just used red hammerite paint on them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    675.9 KB · Views: 33
Well my process was wheel off, paint caliper, clean whole wheel including inner rim then rinse wheel, put on a second coat of paint, wheel on. I obviously done this process for all 4 wheels. Took about 1.5-2 hours. Drying time I would say maby 4-5hours maby more, I checked for drips maby 3hrs after and paint was a bit sticky. You can disconnect calipers from carriers and spray them for a better finish, but I didn't have the time. They look just as good with the red paint though in my opinion.

Painted my old FN2 calipers Hammerite silver to keep an OEM look, my calipers were quite rusty so needed a fair amount of sanding/cleaning to get a half decent finish.

Back