• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda cam pulley

CTR said:
chippyleigh said:
So K100 can't adjust cam angle but K-Pro does ?, what other limitations does K100 have other than data logging/self tuning ??

This any help??

http://www.hondata.com/kproducts.html

Thanks very much for that, it looks like cam angle can be adjusted on that, TP can you explain what you mean. I too have heard about the possible upgrade to K-Pro, will be interesting to see what the price will be.

The K100 does not hinder this in any way. The process is the same. But as TP says it's a time consuming exercise setting up the exhaust cam pulley.

The difference between K100 and KPro are datalogging and user programmability. However it does offer a cheaper tuning option for those without the budget for a KPro.

Ok, to save on set up times, is there a way to work out how much the timing is out (mathematical formula), given I know exactly how much was skimmed off my cylinder head ??

chippyleigh said:
Ok, to save on set up times, is there a way to work out how much the timing is out (mathematical formula), given I know exactly how much was skimmed off my cylinder head ??

No.
It alters the compression and therfore all the charicteristics of the engine.

What I was saying that with any changes made in one place it may alter other things so you may need to reset the inlet cam (Kpro/K100 setting) to get best out of it, not that it is any worse or better than Kpro....just that it adds another adjustment possibility.

You need to really go through a whole dyno setup from scratch if your doing it properly and including the exhaust cam adjustment total time will be double what would normally be for a tune. :wink:

Do it only if your after maximum gains, not just because you think it would be nice.

Definitely after max gains, will have Toda header in week or so, and hopefully Toda A2 cams as well (with adjustable cam gear !!), so perhaps a full dyno tune will be the way to go once that lot is on. Was hoping to go JRSC later this year as well but really wanted to get the car running sweet first.

Back