• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda cam pulley

tp

A few people have been pm-ing me about having this installed on my engine so I thought I would come clean. :oops:

product_k20a_campulleys.jpg

http://www.toda-europe.com/products/honda_k20a/campulleys.html

The purpose of it is two fold.

1. Enables precise tuning of the exhaust camshaft to gain maximum power

2. Lightens valve train by 200gms which doesnÂ’t sound a lot but is equivalent to reducing overall car weight by several kg's as this is a rotating mass weight.

Myself and Paul Jones (TDi North) have been running this for over 12 months now with very good results so its certainly something else to consider if your looking at fitting your uprated camshafts. 8)

Contact Paul or Mark at Tdi North/System-R for more information. :wink:
http://www.system-r.co.uk/

Edited with correct picture...Thanks CLB. :wink:

Mark was trying to talk me into getting the exhaust pulley on Saturday :wink: Little bugger he is... I walk in thinking "It only needs a service" and walk out thinking "Must see the Bank Manager on Monday".... :lol:

CTR_Paul said:
Mark was trying to talk me into getting the exhaust pulley on Saturday :wink: Little bugger he is... I walk in thinking "It only needs a service" and walk out thinking "Must see the Bank Manager on Monday".... :lol:

It was the same with me when you went, I only wanted the camber adjusters and fast road setup and Mark tried to talk me into uprated brake fluid and spoon braided hoses :eek:

lecurie said:
It was the same with me when you went, I only wanted the camber adjusters and fast road setup and Mark tried to talk me into uprated brake fluid and spoon braided hoses :eek:

:lol: I can vouch for uprated fluid and brake lines (although I went with goodridge lines rather than Spoon).

CTR_Paul said:
lecurie said:

:lol: I can vouch for uprated fluid and brake lines (although I went with goodridge lines rather than Spoon).

But i cant justify the extra expense to the wife!

Friendy said:
Do what I do

Don't tell her

Now the disadvantage of the wife being a Scooby driving enthusiast becomes apparent

Friendy said:
I am lucky that mine does not drive, and most of the mods so far you cannot see.

She must be deaf to think your car is standard :shock:

Or its damaged dear need to replace it, I think she thinks Honda make crap cars, as I have had to replace loads of bits :twisted:

Who I am kidding she knows just does not care, I spend my money on the car, she buys clothes & diamonds :roll:

How long do these take to set up on the car ??, I have had my cylinder head skimmed and there is a hint of a timing issue with the exhaust cam.

Could it be done in an hour at a tuners ?? obviously including dyno runs (I have a K100 so inlet cam adjusts ok).

chippyleigh said:
How long do these take to set up on the car ??, I have had my cylinder head skimmed and there is a hint of a timing issue with the exhaust cam.

Could it be done in an hour at a tuners ?? obviously including dyno runs (I have a K100 so inlet cam adjusts ok).

A long time!
1. Electrics off with coil packs, rocker cover off, adjust a fraction, everything back on....dyno run.
2. Repeat stage 1. making slight adjustment to cam
3. Repeat stage 1 again...and again......and again
4. Reset to best position.

6 Hours+!!!! :wink:

PS: K100 hinders the issue as you may need to adjust cam angle to get the best setting.
Good job Hondata are soon going to offer an upgrade possibility to all those that went the K100 route then realised. :wink:

So K100 can't adjust cam angle but K-Pro does ?, what other limitations does K100 have other than data logging/self tuning ??

Back