• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda cams VS Spoon Cam

hey guys, looking to purchase new cams for my K20a2, would like some info/opinions on either toda A2's and spoon high lift cams. has anyone had either? looking for fast road and track use!!!

I take it you're running KPro and have already changed the intake and manifold/exhaust?

everything is done, its been mapped on a hydra ECU as well, just looking to optimize the performance with cams and cam gears now. looking at toda or spoon cams but which ones would be beneficial????

Both are pretty tame cams really, you can get cams that'll make far more power and will still be perfectly driveable from Toda themselves, Skunk2 pro series cams seem to make good power as well.

which toda cams would you recomend HASNIC? I dont really want to go with skunk2 cams but are titanium retainers a must do when it come to uprated cam shafts?

Good that you have the rest of the mods done.

I'd personally go for Toda A3's if I were looking at cams, they're aggressive but you can use them on a road car without issues.

when you say aggressive..... how agressive? is it goin to cause a head re-build on a certain amount use?

I don't think so, your tuner will be able to advise you on that though more than I can.

ok sounds like a plan then lol. when it comes to cam gears toda make a pair that says in brakets disables VTC. would this mean Vtec? what cam gears are good to be tunened?

VTC is Variable Timing Control. Allows for changeable intake timing, supposedly to aid better economy and emissions

It probably wouldn't hurt to retain it for everyday use - it helps low end driveability.

Disabling VTC basically takes away the i in ivtec. So it'll be like the B/F series engines.

You know the cams are getting good when you have to disable VTC ;)

JDM dave - sounds like your looking for a stage 1 or drop in cam really.

Anything more will require valve spring upgrades.

Also forget Vtec Killa's for the street, your car will run like crap and lose power at stock compression.

Back