• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda catback fitted and tested against Spoon N1!...With pics

tp

The Toda has Landed!

I have just had fitted #2 in the UK.
Paul got the first one and was testing when I arrived. :roll:

What can I say. Its quieter than my std exhaust. All I can hear is the manifold rumble. :shock:
Bit loud from outside mind. :twisted:

Performance wise it feels good.
Paul had his car on the dyno and gains wise it was same power at peak as the Spoon that it replaced.....However peak torque rose quite a bit. :twisted:

Superb bit of kit and well worth the wait. 8)

Fitted on car. (thanks Mark. :wink: ...... :lol: )

How cool does this look. Flash even picked up Pauls Toda car in the background. :shock: 8)

chippyleigh said:
I'm liking that, how long from order to delivery mate ??

More in stock in 3 weeks, then more a couple of weeks later.
Call Paul at TDi as there is a bit of a Q for them already. :twisted:

Hmmm, I'm liking that alot. :D Looks like a quality bit of kit, and I do like the tail pipe design.

There was a sound clip on CTRO with a comparison to Spoon N1 and I do prefer the sound of the Spoon, but then I would, as I'm a Spoon whore :wink:

Is that Paul out of the office :shock: , would you say it is louder outside than your spoon & manifold before it went bang

Paul how is the mid pipe with the Toda manifold? Does it sit higher up than the Spoon one as i am struggling to get over speed humps with the Spoon on :cry:

I'm still not sure about the down turned tail pipe as it reminds me of diesels. Still, until you've seen one in the flesh, I reserve comment.

The new DC Sports exhaust from Sumo looks like a beefier Spoon N1 with a 100mm straight tail pipe.

Jon

hovblackctr said:
Paul how is the mid pipe with the Toda manifold? Does it sit higher up than the Spoon one as i am struggling to get over speed humps with the Spoon on :cry:

It sits a lot higher. Doesnt clip on any of my daily ramps and speedhumps. 8)

Sound is superb. Its far quieter inside the car. More like standard but roars in vtec. Not raspy like the Spoon.

I think I'll have to see how it looks on Paul's car when I'm up there in a couple of weeks, make a decision what to do then.

Re: Toda catback fitted and tested against Spoon N1!...With

evilowl said:
tp said:
I have just had fitted #2 in the UK.
Paul got the first one and was testing when I arrived. :roll:

Livvy + Paul had theirs fitted to their DC5 a while ago, it was on for the Kent/Essex meet back in mid september :?:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Thats not a Civic though is it? :roll:
Will edit title if you prefer? :ymca:

any chance of some photos from a bit further back and when the car is on terra firma - a vid would be even better 8)

garypaul said:
any chance of some photos from a bit further back and when the car is on terra firma - a vid would be even better 8)
I'm sorry....I cant take anyone seriously with an avi like yours. :lol:

Back