• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TODA EP3/DC5 Exhaust Manifold Flex Pipe

Anyone had a replacement from TDI South?!

mine has finally given up and has a slight blow/leak

lasted well thou 30k ish miles with lots of track

and iam sure it was the carousel @ the nurburgring that did it
icon_sad.gif

475.jpg

Sorry to hear this, mate. Were you using uprated mounts and/or a torque damper?

I had the inserts, but iam sure it wasnt the engine movement that broke the flex.

just wondering how much i should expect to pay to fix it,

toda usa is like $250 so like £122 for the flex

so iam gessing £200 all in?

Hmm well TDI North charge £70 for fitting a manifold so yes that would be about right. Might be worth looking at somewhere like Blue Flame or Hayward & Scott though as you might be able to get a generic flex section welded in for less than the price of a Toda replacement.

An ideal time to get a sports cat welded in there? You can buy the K20 Toda Mani with a cat direct from Toda Australia, it's something they butcher for Oz customers alone I believe.

Just a thought... ;)

An ideal time to get a sports cat welded in there? You can buy the K20 Toda Mani with a cat direct from Toda Australia, it's something they butcher for Oz customers alone I believe.

Just a thought... ;)

I'm interested!
I'm after a good many with a sport cat, and for the moment the shortlist is Mugen or butchered "homemade" header based on either Toda or BC ..

If Toda australia makes something like this I could be interested (providing it's less than £1400 :mad::mad: like the mugen )

thanx 4 the replies guys but i think i am gonna fit an offical flex to it, might help when i come to sell it in a few months time etc

i just hope the price ain't too high from tdi south :(

Ok never ever ever use TDi South, in lakeside

£480 i am sooo ****ed off

£80 an hour labour! not even honda charge that!

hell i could fly it back to toda japan to fix for cheaper!

Ok never ever ever use TDi South, in lakeside

£480 i am sooo ****ed off

£80 an hour labour! not even honda charge that!

hell i could fly it back to toda japan to fix for cheaper!

that's pretty steep. I did speak to them regarding my conversion, and they were charging about 20% more than TTS...

So what are you gonna do then?

Nothing I can do can I?!

wish i just thrown it away now and went back to stock or a cheap DC

Might be worth looking at somewhere like Blue Flame or Hayward & Scott though as you might be able to get a generic flex section welded in for less than the price of a Toda replacement.
:idea:

Just a thought... ;)

yeah thats something done by the Toda Distributor here.
we have BIG fines here for removing the cat so he cuts of the flex pipe and make up fitting and what not to make it all fit up like a unmodded header.

losses a few KW over unmodded header but overall works very well.

Back