• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda exhaust fitted , but having vibrations :(

Recently i have a Toda exhaust fitted but after driven it i notice on town journey its perfectly fine, but in motorways on 60-70mph after u let go of the throttle its has a popping vibration (similar to my previous spoons exhaust when it had moisture in the bpipe). Its exactly the same feeling and its sound / vibrations is coming from our seats (asuming its from the Bpipe).
Ask the garages to check and they could see any problems.
Any suggestions of what could be causing this ?
The exhaust is brand new.
Funny enough it only makes those vibrations on 60-70 anything above or below its all normal :vconf:

when you rev the engine it will rock in the engine bay, you would need to check that when the engine is rocking its not making the exhaust move and touching a heat sheald.

Only thing i can think of, Check your engine mounts too, make sure there all intact and stable.

might vibrates for fun also. its not the hangers or anything like that because ive checked mine etc..

i had heard a rumours its to do with it being supposed to be fitted with the manifold and correct lengths but i dismissed that because i wasnt sure of thet truth in it although it could well be true.

vibrates for fun in the wet as well.. can feel it in teh buddieklubs

If its like mine it was hitting where there is a bend in the B pipe, we solved the problem by getting stiffer exhaust mounts and bending the backbox hangers.

spoke to TDI and they said once i fit the Toda Mani, it should take away the problem.
Problem is i have to wait for the RBC to deliver and save up for remapping cost

spoke to TDI and they said once i fit the Toda Mani, it should take away the problem.
Problem is i have to wait for the RBC to deliver and save up for remapping cost

Indeed it's true, fitting a Toda mani will get rid of the issue but it's hardly a solution. Be very very careful driving round with it vibrating against the underside of the car though. I had to jump out of the throttle at 7500rpm and as I did so the exhaust smacked the underside of the car and put cracks around the mid-silencer. Literally within 2 minutes of that the noise for the exhaust was different and it was game over the for the Toda, it got worse and worse from that point onwards. I ended up selling mine as I didn't want to run a race manifold, so the Toda was of no use to me.

I would strongly advise against running the Toda cat back on a standard Manifold. Oh and for the record I was running Powerflex exhaust mounts (I kept them from my Spec III as that rattled as well, but in a different place) and uprated engine mounts too.

The Toda manifold is awesome, but even as a Toda fan I'm afraid the cat back just isn't suitable for much else other than running with a race manifold.

Indeed it's true, fitting a Toda mani will get rid of the issue but it's hardly a solution. Be very very careful driving round with it vibrating against the underside of the car though. I had to jump out of the throttle at 7500rpm and as I did so the exhaust smacked the underside of the car and put cracks around the mid-silencer. Literally within 2 minutes of that the noise for the exhaust was different and it was game over the for the Toda, it got worse and worse from that point onwards. I ended up selling mine as I didn't want to run a race manifold, so the Toda was of no use to me.

I would strongly advise against running the Toda cat back on a standard Manifold. Oh and for the record I was running Powerflex exhaust mounts (I kept them from my Spec III as that rattled as well, but in a different place) and uprated engine mounts too.

The Toda manifold is awesome, but even as a Toda fan I'm afraid the cat back just isn't suitable for much else other than running with a race manifold.
cheers guys for all your advices.
Im kinda stuck in a dilema now, installed the Toda manifold along with engine mounts/exhaust mounts. BUT have it UNMAPPED for atleast 1 month.
Reason why i leaving it for 1 month is because i have to wait for my RBC to be delivered and also save some bit of money for the remapping cost.
I know leaving it unmapped will mean running it lean and causing engine damage. But is 1 month too long ( only use the car in weekends ).

After reading Pauls comments of damaging his toda exhaust its kinda put me off for waiting around for and pushing me to get the mani /rbc fited asap.

Also After having the engine mounts installed is that enough to protect the manifold from cracking, OR would i require a ETD ? I have a spoons ETD but i cant seems to fit it along with my J's Racing Strut.

I think you'll be fine fitting the manifold and running it for a month, Trung who used to post on here ran a Toda mani with a Spoon system with no Kpro for months without major issues, so if you're only using it at weekends, then I wouldn't stress too much. I wouldn't however fit it without uprated mounts and/or the ETD fitted:)

booked the civic in TGM (2 weeks time ) to have RBC / Toda mani fitted.
Spoke to Tom / TDi nort & South and they all told me not to bother fitting the Spoon ETD. The engine mounts is enough to look after the Manifold :D
Just have to not drive the car too much to avoid damaging the exhaust.
Maybe im paranoid but knowing my luck i dont want to damage the exhaust after owning it for a week :(

Mapping will be done later at Artechs in a month or two.

Back