• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Today.....Now with pics

Dynax

The Babysitter
Was such a nice day, so i set out making my car even cleaner.

Baring in mind, the car has been sat in the garden for the past week (whilst GF has been here, been going out in my dads lexus as its free fuel :cool:). Whilst its been in the back garden (and hasnt moved :lol:) its been washed once with Meguiars NXT shampoo and has had two layers (on seperate occasions) of NXT wax.

Now, as you can imagine, it was pretty clean (see picture in other thread).

However, i set about to make it cleaner. I've never clay bar'd a car, so off i trotted to halfords in the lexus with my mum :)lol:) and bought myself a Meguiars clay kit.

I started off the day at 9:30 am by fitting my new air filter, new breather filter, new sidelights and door speaker adaptors (ready for my infinitys arriving tomorrow). This was all done and dusted by 10am, so i started on the car :cool:

First of all i rinsed the car with water, to remove the dust that had settled on it from the garden.

Seeing as it had two layers of NXT wax it beaded like crazy :cool: So i set about using the two bucket method and gave it a wash of Megauirs NXT shampoo.

After this was done i moved it onto the grass and left it to dry.

As it was dry after 15 minutes (Hot day :cool:) i started clay-bar'ing the car, which ive never done before so didnt know what to expect. Christ, its awesome! :cool: The car came up really shiny, and you could tell it needed it in some places as the clay was picking up plenty :cool: Really impressed. Did the whole car with this.

Then onto the Meguiars Cleaner wax, which was applied all over the car and then wiped off once all hazy.

After this? I put on a layer of Auto Gylm super Resin polish (been told its good on here). Car was starting to look :cool:

Next? Was a layer of Simoniz Super Polymer Sealent to lock in all the layers :cool: Bugger to use as it dried in a powder form, but it did its job really well and is bloody shiny now.

Last but not least i went round the car using an array of meguiars polishes to clean the rest of it. Glass cleaner, tyre spray, back to black etc etc.

Cleaned the exhaust using some chrome polish, and used the sealent on my alloys once they had been scrubbed with meguiars hot wheels.

Anyway, going to get some pictures and i'll be back :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to seeing the pictures.. but I'm sure after all that you will be very bored and have nothing to do tomorrow, so feel free to pop over to Cardiff I have a couple of cars here you can pratice on ;)

Hehe, long drive tomorrow. So that means saturday will be taken up cleaning the interior/engine bay and hopefully not the exterior again / fitting more parts :lol:

Then next week im off up to maccelsfield area to pick up brothers new car, and some goodies for mine :twisted:

Pictures dont do it justice, there not really to show off the shine, but my god its clean.

Cleaning Whore:
cleaning.jpg

Meguiars Whore:
8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

And a picture for you girls out there (Joking :lol: :lol: )

9.jpg

Before anyone comments on the over exposure on the wheel photo, its meant to be like that :lol: Thought it looked funky :cool:

Looking lovely great job...

But I'm so disappointed, I hoped the picture for the girls would have been you posing topless showing off your six pack :D

Looks good Rich - I hope the can of diet coke was not poured over the car by accident!!! :lol:

Can't believe you put all that work into it and then put a mug on the roof!

I made sure it was clean, im not that stupid. Wanted to show the reflection and as it was a yorkie mug (easter time woop) i thought it'd add comedy value :lol:

Aye, every single picture ive taken with this camera has been. need to try out the others :lol:

Back