• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tom Tom mods

Just been surfing around and found a great photo of a rev counter which I have used in photoshop to create a tomtom splash screen (That's the screen you see when you boot up your device)

Also I have made an Icon out of my ATR to replace the arrow. Just drag and drop them into the appropirate folders and you are away.

NB the splashw.bmp file will relace the current splash screen so if you want to keep the old one just rename it splashwold or somthing.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• tomtomaccordsml.bmp
    16.8 KB · Views: 43
  • splashw.bmp
    382.6 KB · Views: 39
Looks pretty good, i work for Navman and where doing things like this all the time. The best one i did was with a Zonda!!

I've done a splash screen of my DC5, but it's on my other laptop. Will host it another day.

I've done a splash screen of my DC5, but it's on my other laptop. Will host it another day.

Better late than never :D.

Splash.jpg

That is excellent!!! I need to install my TomTom software onto my comp asap. Is it just a simple case of finding the folder?d

That is excellent!!! I need to install my TomTom software onto my comp asap. Is it just a simple case of finding the folder?d

Pretty much, you just have to remove the current splash from your TOM TOM folder (you will see it if you view your files in thumbnail) and replace it with mine. You need to make sure you save it as "Splash" (obviously without the quotation marks), otherwise your TOM TOM won't recognise it as the start up screen.

Please note that this splash has been designed for the TOM TOM XL (widescreen). If you have a different TOM TOM, the dimensions may not be correct. If you PM me with the dimensions, I can make you a new one/resize mine.

Glad you like it, mate. If you are using a TomTom XL then replace the splash.bmp file in the main directory which is the first one that opens when you have it plugged into your computer. Replace the splashw.bmp (if it;s a widescreen) or splash.bmp if it's regular 4:3 screen.

Jermal. I'm loving your ITR one too...

Cheers for the reply guys. I'll definitely be trying that this week. Jermal, I've got the same sat nav as you, what measurements and resolution is yours?

Cheers for the reply guys. I'll definitely be trying that this week. Jermal, I've got the same sat nav as you, what measurements and resolution is yours?

Right click the picture and it will give you the pixels dimensions.

Back