• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TomCat's Milano Red EP3

Well here is my pride and joy. My lovely new Milano Red EP3. When bought she had 88,000 miles and was completly stock. Well except for the HID kit, wind deflectors and rear tints. Here's a list of what i'm planning, have currently done, and have done in the past. I'll update this opening post as I go.

Intake & Exhaust

Gruppe M
Tegiwa silicone intake hose

Engine & ECU
Planning:
Mugen Oil Cap
Mugen Radiator Cap
Spoon socks

Electrical & ICE
Alpine head unit
Cheap parcel shelf 6x9’s and amp

Petrol & Oil

Suspension & Drivetrain
D2 Lower Control Arms (To be fitted)

Tyres, Wheels & Brakes
Planning:
Braided brake lines
Dot 5.1 brake fluid
DS2500 pads

Interior & Exterior Styling
Refurbed centre console
Honda Jazz wiper jets
Type R Owners.co.uk stickers
Wind deflectors (no idea of make)
Terrible DIY rear tints
Silvatec chrome style indicator bulbs

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks really good condition. Red looks to be bright and deep.

Looks like it could be on non oem springs but not 100% sure..

what makes you say that about the springs?? any way I could check?
and the red hasnt began to fade, however it has got quite a few stone chips, anyway of solving those. and also its not in the pictures because im sneaky, but he appears to have scraped the front bumper on a curb at some point. gonnna get some paint, shouldn't matter if it does match perfectly cause you cant see it.

The rear looks like it could be a little lower then oem. Maybe 20mm or so. Could be the angle of the picture though. :)

Yea they could be, just saying I'm not sure from that angle but looks little lower then oem. Have a look at the colour of the springs Tom if your bothered and want to know lol :) was just thinking out loud more then anything else

Cheers guys,

UPDATE:
Fitted my rear strut brace,
engine bay socks and
mugen oil cap today.

Get some pictures up when I can. Also had the biggest clean yet. She is gleaming :)

Also ripped out the centre console, refurbed it and put in my new (old) alpine head unit

Good mornings work

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks very tidy, Viewed a Milano before buying my satin but it was just sooo faded =( put me off getting one because i havent got time to polish it every weekend in the summer haha. How easy did you find the centre console to refurb? Ive done my grab handles, and the centre console is next on the list, but i just dont dare do it =( Might have to buy a spare.

I saw a couple a silver's before buying mine but they just seem the same, aha. And I don;t really have the time to polish my car every week. But i still do it. Centre console was really easy to do. Just make sure you take you time and let everything dry properly. Thats where I went wrong. Only problem that I had was getting the ciggy lighter out. Brute force did the job though.

Which silver did you do the centre console in? Have you any pics of it? looking to do mine tomorow after work.

I used satin silver. Looks maybe a little darker and mettalic then standard. But it still looks sweet ;). I need to redo the bottom still though as I didnt do the best job spraying. Rub done and restart for me :(

Fitted my Gruppe M today, the noise is amazing :). Also picked up some almost new OEM alloys :). Very happy man.

yeah, was portsdown hill, couldnt think of anywhere original to take some pictures and the sun was out, you local?
and redcivic, how much was the red and satin what?

You can get some good pics up there, many a time i have been up there to get some shots when the sun is out. Im only down the M275 in town, got the FN2 last year before that I had a Ep3.

Back