• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TomCat's Milano Red EP3

yeah, im loving the EP3, however already thinking that maybe this time next year having a DC5 :p. were have to arrange a local meet. loads of us about, 3/4 EP3's down my road :O! think CTR-girl has arranged meets before. Ill ask her if she would like to arrange something because im 'ruddy useless.

Yeah im up for a meet will keep an eye out for it! As much as I love the Fn2 I still keep looking about for DC5's and S2k's, only prob with the s2k is stupidly high insurance for my current postcode.
Also I do miss certain things about my EP3, watch this space!!!

weirdly i still miss my old feista, just because it is a massive go kart.s And yeah im tempted by DC5's. One day maybe. and i still need to try and arrange this meet. been very busy/lazy this week.

Cheers mate, think my photographer helps :p. doing my best to keep it nice now. Regular waxing and keep it in the shade when possible

Lovely pics there man! What kind of filter are you using to get those glorious purple highlights?

Centre console was really easy to do. Just make sure you take you time and let everything dry properly.
Yes! painting is all about patience and a gentle tough with the wet and dry. I plan on having mine out for 2-3 days for painting.

Circular polariser for the photos. You can use it to hide reflections or bring them out. And yeah mine needs redoing as it rained on it halfway through

Well, it looks cracking. Your photography skills are well beyond mine.

And yeah mine needs redoing as it rained on it halfway through
Aw that sucks! I went and bought a Tesco £20 tent to spray in, worth every penny.

Nice EP3 you got yourself there matey, excellent paint work as well. :)

Good to meet you yesterday, hope I didn't keep you from the racing too much and thank you again for the head unit. Installed it last night in the Estima, works perfectly and we finally have some decent music to keep us entertained on the drive up to Download. :D

cheers dude, yeah didnt miss anything got back just in time for the first race. My old man had already set up camp, burgers and seats awaiting :). Glad it works!

Was good meeting you, bumped into a couple of people yesterday

So after ignoring this for months thought I should update it at least once;

Since I last posted I have stripped the interior and swapped the exhaust for HKS system. Also swapped the prefacelift seats for facelifts ones. Somewhere else along the lines I picked up some JDM and have had a throughly good time.

However the interior is back, the exhaust swapped back to standard, the gruppe m removed, sat back on standard springs and has to live with cheap UKDM mats again. I have one or two little things left to fix (the chipped windscreen and the de-laminated boot grab handle) and then she will be up for sale. And I hope to be the owner of a '99 spec DC2. Not going to rush this as I have lined up a little daily to get me by till the perfect one comes up.

Touch wood a good one will appear before JAE otherwise i'll be parking in the car park of shame outside with Salt.

So a lot has happened since I last updated this thread and pretty much nothing has gone to plan.

So the only thing that did go to plan was the windscreen finally got replaced. However the car never got sold and I never bought another. And whilst I spent various amounts of time in and out of the country my poor car just sat the on its on doing nothing.

Roll forwards to 2015 and I finally got my arse back in gear. A lot has changed in my personal life and the car is now intended to be used almost solely as a track car. With its first outing booked in for August. So this gives me some time to get the car ready, and boy does it need it. So about 2 months ago the car was serviced and MOT'd prepped with all the usual drama. Having now passed with flying colours I thought I was in the clear to head to the track. However nothing is simple and last week my clutch died. Bugger. So after limping the car to TGM she is now booked in for a new clutch and I have used this opportunity to spend some hard earned money and get some work finally done. So whilst the clutch is being done I am now having a MPower LSD fitted, also the suspension is finally getting fixed with Spoon springs being fitted to all corners, cambers bolts and arms fitted and the car is finally getting the FRSU I remember saying I would get done in 2012. I am also getting the valve clearances checked and adjusted as you can never be to careful and its in the best hands in the south of the UK. Whilst the car is at TGM I have ordered a RBC inlet manifold and various gaskets and adapters so when I get the car back I can prove my man skills and fit all that. The only other news is as I am sure some of you have seen I am on the look out for some alloys to put some track tyres on.

So although the clutch has been a pain it has also kicked me back into gear and I am finally excited to get the car back into the environment it was meant to be in. Over the winter I plan into looking into throttle body replacement and getting a 4-2-1 manifold and the car remapped.

Finally here is a picture to prove that even though the car is getting old and has been unloved for a year or so she is still red.

Hjm377P.jpg

Car still looking good mate. Should be running like a dream once you have it all fitted....that's a lot of news bits!

So I got the car back today. Brilliant service from TGM as expected.

So the new clutch is nice and the LSD was a bonus. Finally my car is as low at the back as it is at the front.

Also waiting for me when I got in were my new shiny parts. A nice 70mm Skunk2 throttle body and 70mm rbc to go with it. Just hunting for a exhaust manifold and everything is a good for mapping.

Also should be on track at some point next month, although where is yet to be confirmed.

So last of the new parts have been ordered today so will be contacting Tom @ TGM again much sooner than I planned. Track day this month has been cancelled so hoping to have everything ready for the next one. :)

Back