• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TomW Cosmic EP3 Premier

I have just put a deposit down and going tomorrow to pick up my EP3 cosmic grey premier edition type r!
Bit of car history for those that are interested.
I had a saxo 1.0l and a punto 1.2, neither of which are worth posting pictures of!

I then had a Corsa SRi which i loved and spent a bit of money on. It ended up like this:

527210_10151204744577090_1675666833_n.jpg

I then thought it was time to move onto bigger things. I fancied an audi A3 so i went and picked up this beast. It was the 2.0TDi 170BHP version in S-line spec. I had it remapped to 209BHP with 306lb/ft. It was very quick but seemed to be fairly un reliable and parts were expensive. It also lacked any character and was boring to drive! Any way it looked like this (did have it on coilovers but no pictures)

newcar1.jpg

So i decided i needed some more fun back in my life and I've always fancied an EP3!
My favourite colour has always been cosmic grey and i love the premier edition seats, so this is the spec i went for. Pictures below (just advert pictures untill i pick it up) :

CTR3_zps92d1394f.jpg

CTR2_zps424cd1f1.jpg

CTR_zps0b209202.jpg

The car is on 70k and seems immaculate condition and i think i got it for a fairly good price!
I will have a spoon N1 rep on the way after i pick it up tomorrow and then it will be going to ABP in Crewe very shortly for 30mm lowering and fast road set up!

Tom.

Looks lush matey. Looking forward to seeing it in person !

Are they like oem flatblades? Not sure if just cus of the small pictures but they look different to mine!

Not sure what flat blades they are to be honest Curt but they do the job!

Well i picked the car up today and i had the best drive ever from south wales up to north wales on all the windy twisty roads!
It was absolutely epic! Love it :D

Glad to hear your happy with the new motor fella, audi sounds a bit tasty too...
Welcome to the world of vtec :)

Glad to hear your happy with the new motor fella, audi sounds a bit tasty too...
Welcome to the world of vtec :)

Yeah the audi was quick but a bit soul-less!

Quick picture of the Heko's and its first polish under my owner ship, came up lovely i think!

polishedCTR_zps1fc5cf56.jpg

Nice deep shine there chap, does look smart doesn't it!

Cheers :)
I need to give it a good clay to bring it fully up to standard but i was impressed at how it came up!

Small update - just won a skunk2 gear knob on ebay, so pictures of that fitted when it arrives :)

I wanted a genuine it's just my budget couldn't stretch!
It looks the same yeah and from what I've read the sound isn't to far off.

Also ordered rear camber arms, front camber bolts and eibach 30mm springs.
Updates when they arrive :)

Couple of bits arrived in the post today :D

CTRN1_zps6c543bbd.jpg

Spoon N1 replica backbox and Japspeed adjustable rear camber arms.
More updates when the rest get here!

That DOES look similar to mine! Doesn't have the hole drilled in the tail pipe in the same place and a couple of other very slight differences!

Cheers bud, not fussed on the minor differences as the price difference was just too much for me to get my head around haha.
Cant wait to get it on!
Any ideas where to get the bolts/springs that are used to attatch the back box to b-pipe? May swell change them while its off!

So i got the skunk2 gear knob and fitted it, poor picture sorry!

IMG_0291_zpsc51c79a3.jpg

And then i set about fitting my back box!
Had a couple of issues with this, the first being snapped bolts:
The one in the middle is the new one to show how much snapped off!

IMG_0284_zpsef7fcc77.jpg

Got that sort with a bit of oxy-aceteline!
Old vs. new:

IMG_0283_zpse0ede6af.jpg

And how it looks fitted!

IMG_0292_zps94340eba.jpg

Happy with the noise for now but I'm sure ill be changing the b-pipe pretty soon!

Back