• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Too much coolant a problem???

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Popped to Honda today & picked up some coolant & they only had the 5 litre jobby.

Anyways, just put some in the beastie & it's gone over the MAX mark due to holding a funnel & 5 litre bottle.

Is this gonna cause a problem?

There is about 5-6 inches of the bigger part of the bottle still empty before it goes into the thinner neck.

Cheers in advance Gang

Syphon some out matey. Not sure if it would cause problem. Overfilling something usually can cause problems. Especially oil which we all know about.

smeg said:
Syphon some out matey. Not sure if it would cause problem. Overfilling something usually can cause problems. Especially oil which we all know about.

I don't think I'll find a long & flexible enough syphon tbh Steve :?

Don't wanna have to loss some by undo'ing the drainage plug

moNoKnoT said:
Get that out mate or it will boil over!!! :shock:

- Kevin.

Cheers Kevin :wink:

I've fashioned a long thin & flexible syphon this evening from see through straws :lol:

Will have a go @ getting the excess out in the morning before the journey to work :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
Cheers Kevin :wink:

I've fashioned a long thin & flexible syphon this evening from see through straws :lol:

Will have a go @ getting the excess out in the morning before the journey to work :wink:

thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

Gunn79 said:
Out of interest how much did you pay for the 5L as I also bought the same today. :)

£13, that right?

Neil - I had to discard said home made syphon as it was pants!!! :lol:
So gonna pop to the local car accessory shop this morning for some vacum hosing or window washer hosing & suck like a $5 Thai whore

SpaceMonkey said:
Gunn79 said:
Out of interest how much did you pay for the 5L as I also bought the same today. :)

£13, that right?

Neil - I had to discard said home made syphon as it was pants!!! :lol:
So gonna pop to the local car accessory shop this morning for some vacum hosing or window washer hosing & suck like a $5 Thai whore

Sound right - I paid £12, but I got my GF to order it in from Honda through the Ford Dealership she works at.

All sorted now :D

When & got some windscreen washer tubing which was ideal!!!

Now just @ MAX & my mind is @ rest

Back