• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

torque damper?

Hi guys just wanted to know if fitting a torque damper to a standard 200bhp ctr will make any noticeable difference to acceleration responsiveness?

Not really.

It will help with wheel hop and gear changes might feel a bit more precise.

Vibrations though the cabin are something to consider. I personally liked it, make it feel edgier.

Expensive.

And more difficult to fit than an ETD yes. I've seen an ETD in action when a car was on a dyno, and it only stops one side of the engine moving. Crap.

yeah i can imagine thats true, shame you couldnt fit 2 ETD's either side. When you say expensive, how much? I dont think it would be worth doing on a 200bhp ctr if its that much hassle to install.

Inserts are a better option, front back and gearbox. Vibes aren't too bad, doesn't completely eliminate wheel hop like a proper kit would, but it is a vast improvement over stock.

Front and rear inserts are an hour or so labour at any garage, gearbox mount can be done on the drive with a couple of spanners (the metal kind, not the useless mates kind)

To have decent access, the subframe needs to be dropped a bit, I wouldn't want to tackle the job on axle stands.

I wouldn't want to tackle the job on axle stands.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking that!!
Might wait untill im running a higher bhp before adding mounts etc, dont think it will make a great deal of difference to a standard ctr

I just told you, front and rear mounts are an hour or so labour at any garage...I'm afraid I don't know your local garages labour rate so i can't give exact figures. Gearbox mount can be done easy at home, remove airbox, lean in engine bay and undo some stuff...simples.

Back