• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Towing with a Type R

The main reason I'll be getting an FN2 is for the Mrs to run around in, that's not to say I won't nick it to go down the shop or something ;)

However, I may need to tow the racecar/trackcar with it from time to time and just wondering if anyone else has used it as a towing vehicle?

Genuine question BTW - I have an Impreza Wagon Turbo that I will probably use most of the time, but just incase I'm stuck.

Easy solution: Give the Mrs an Impreza wagon turbo, treat it like the workhorse it is. Buy a Type-R, take the long route to the shops, become addicted, spend approximately £300 per bhp, regret it, fall back in love with it, sell it for family reasons, regret selling it, buy another, fall in love all over again, spend more, become jdm wh0re, regret becoming a jdm wh0re, sell it, regret selling it, buy FD2, take the long route to the shops, become addicted.....

My daily is a CB600F so I can't tow with that either and it's more fun than the car.

Didn't realise the zero towing limit though...hmmm. Did they give any reason?

Honda must have deemed it not suitable to be put forward for type approval for towing.

The problem is, if the cars structure has not been designed with towing in mind, you could be causing stress damage to the suspension components, chassis or floor pan that could be a contributing factor in an incident later on.

There is a reason why certain cars are not type approved for towing and it's usually for structural safety reasons, they don't just miss that bit out for kicks.

Back