• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tps fitting is it straight swap??

Hi when replacing tps sensor do u just take one off and put new one on and that's it as I keep seeing posts if *** saying needs setting up

I'm not 100% sure either but i must have been reading same posts as you and all seem to indicate that it needs calibrating. If it does you'll be needing a multimeter

Ok cool seems everywhere is say you need to change or check setting on it with volt meter may check mine as slight misfire or hesitation low rev rung tdi north today said this is very common on ep3 and some have no fix some even bought new when car released had this problem only way to fix 100percent is k100 remap he said £700 though ouch

what a fecking nightmare. It must be possible to fix without a new ECU and remap. I have read reports of some people changing the TPS and it fixes the issue, however, I believe it needs setting up as you have identified. I have the same problem with mine. I am thinking of buying a 2nd hand TB but then there's the risk of it having a faulty TPS fitted anyway!! :( Surely there must be a 'fit and forget' option available?? And it's such a common issue on these cars there must be a more effective solution?

I'm beginning to think no fix for this issue don't want chuck load money at it but I think mine worse with stainless back box on don't no why. I've spoke tdi north they say it's so common and it's just how some of them run only way to get rid 100 percent is k100 map £700 ummmm not got that lol

Mine is standard. A replacement TPS would sort the issue it's just getting around the calibration and all that bollox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just hesitating around 2-3k randomly feels slower than it should and also in 6th it used to have decent acceleration and now it kinda bigs down and you need to change down a gear. It must be my tps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back