• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Track day Tyres - Yokohoma AD08 or Toyo R888's?

I am wanting to get a set of wheels and tyres to use on track days. What would you all recommend?

I believe the R888's are the more track focused but I am wondering the AD08's would be more beginner friendly? I am not sure if I would really be able to push the R888's to make them worth while?

Also what are people opinions on the Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 wheels? The seem like pretty good track wheels for the price.

Im now on my second set of AD08's and will be buying a 3rd for the summer. Really rate them, never used 888's so cant comment on them. But I use AD08's as everyday tyres not just as track fun rubber.

Im now on my second set of AD08's and will be buying a 3rd for the summer. Really rate them, never used 888's so cant comment on them. But I use AD08's as everyday tyres not just as track fun rubber.

What kind of life do you get out of them as daily's? I know it depends on how you drive, condition, miles etc but as a ball park figure how many miles could you realistically get from a set?

What kind of life do you get out of them as daily's? I know it depends on how you drive, condition, miles etc but as a ball park figure how many miles could you realistically get from a set?

I put 4 new AD08's on the car a month before I went to the ring last year done around 20 laps of the ring used them for around 10,000 miles on the road. Another track day at Silverstone, then thought I would change the fronts. So the rears are still on with plenty of life, the fronts had a little left but thought id change them while I had some spare cash. As a daily car I do a lot of miles and drive the car quite hard never had any issues running them as a daily tyre. When these need changing I will be buying more.

Thread hijack...

How are these in the wet? I don't mean driving hard because I never do when it's raining. I mean braking etc.

I have Parada Spec 2's ATM.

I find them fine in the wet. Hitting standing water things can get a little iffy if your making up time but normal speeds, again I have had no issues with them. I was really shocked when I was on the M40 when all the snow came down at the start of the year and everyone was getting stuck which finally caused the M40 to close I kept on going. I did think I would be one of the first to get stuck.

I have taken a couple of pictures of my fronts today, after around 2500 miles of use, including a track day at Brands, Nurburgring and Spa. I am actually amazed at how much life is left in them, they still look new :lol:

Rear left.

19aafa18.jpg

83505708.jpg

Front right

c660ea05.jpg

d501a554.jpg

I've had my AD08s on for 12 months now, I've covered 10k miles on the road, a track day at Snetterton, 14 drag runs at Santa Pod (including half a dozen light burnouts). My fronts have around 3mm left and the rears still have 5-6mm. I will not hesitate to buy another set. :D

I've had my AD08s on for 12 months now, I've covered 10k miles on the road, a track day at Snetterton, 14 drag runs at Santa Pod (including half a dozen light burnouts). My fronts have around 3mm left and the rears still have 5-6mm. I will not hesitate to buy another set. :D

I have so much love for these tyres

I swear by them, must of done 5-6k road use and 50-60 laps at Spa minimum and they look fresh.

Fantastic day to day tyres too, if maybe a touch noisey - what do you expect.

Back