• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Track day tyres

Hiya, was looking some advice as to what would be the best tyres to fit on my fn2 for track day use, going to the nurburgring so they are probably going to get a bit of a bashing. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Is it your first track day? If so, I'd just use whatever you have fitted and concentrate on having fun and keeping it off the kerbs/grass/barriers.

Yes mate its my first track day, was just wondering if there was any tyre which will offer a bit of extra bite. Every little helps

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I would say if you have naff/ budget tyres on it could spoil your day so if for your first one maybe federal rsr. Can use them on road too and not very expensive. But as other reply if they are decent road tyres just keep them on and start of slow so you learn the limits of both you and the car

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

For your first 1-2 track days, If you've got premium brand tyres fitted then just use them to get the hang of things.
There's a range of track tyres available depending on your budget. If you're using the car everyday then track tyres will be wasted with daily driving. Also they tend not to perform well with lots of standing water and can create more road noise. I recently fitted Toyo R888R's to my EP3 and there's no way I could use them for general road use.

Back