• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Track Pads

Hi Just wondered if any of the folk that have upgraded their pads for track day use can share their opinions of the pads performance
on the FK8 on the day.

Thanks

Hi Just wondered if any of the folk that have upgraded their pads for track day use can share their opinions of the pads performance
on the FK8 on the day.

Thanks

I will likely change my pads for another supplier when the time comes, but I was amazed how well the std pads stand up to track work. I've had brembo carbon discs with ferrodo pads on previous car, and for feel and outright repeated stopping power there was little difference.

The standard brake setup with braided lines and dot 5 is mega IMO

Would welcome recommendations as at the moment I would be stuck with what to replace them with that can do daily, as well as track work as well as the standard pad

Thank you for your suggestion / help. Its not a pad I have any experience of but will give them a try.
How do they compare to Project Mu pads if known ?

How are they with OEM discs.

Many Thanks

DS2500's are pretty crap, as are Project Mu.

You won't go wrong with Pagid RS29.

Project Mu H16's, DS2500, DS3000, EBC Yellow stuff (now they are crap) RS29's, DS Performance, EBC Red (horrible as well) OEM's for several brands of car. I Personally think the DS2500 are a great all round pad. As I said before its my opinion, you clearly don't like them.... I do.

DS2500 are ok. They fade after some abuse and that was driving an EP3. I’d imagine with around 100bhp extra and a few hundred KG of extra weight you’ll kill them pads on track.
As this thread is titled track pads. We need not to worry about how they perform day to day?
For a small light car, novice driver who doesn’t use the brakes hard or as a compound for the rear the DS2500 will suit fine for the price.
There’s always better pads out there. Just be prepared to dig deep in your pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project Mu H16's, DS2500, DS3000, EBC Yellow stuff (now they are crap) RS29's, DS Performance, EBC Red (horrible as well) OEM's for several brands of car. I Personally think the DS2500 are a great all round pad. As I said before its my opinion, you clearly don't like them.... I do.

I find it incredibly odd that you’ve tried RS29 and DS2500 yet prefer the DS2500 for a track car.

Some motorsport teams use RS29 in their race cars, none I know of would even entertain the thought of using DS2500.

A guy I do track days with tried DS3000 and hated them as they barely lasted a day. He’s now on RS29 and is on my mindset of not changing them, they last, they stop, they don’t fade. No real reason to try anything else as they do what we both want from a track pad.

I had my hand forced and had to use DS2500 recently (in fact they are fitted now) and they did exactly what they did every other time I’ve used them, that is start to break up and leave a load of crap on the discs causing vibrations. Never again.

For a road only car with maybe 1 track day a year I would consider DS2500, but for track only definitely not. The pads are completely different, one is a fast road pad, one is an endurance track pad.

Thanks for that. Pads I have used in the past are Mintex, EBC red and yes DS2500 all on much lighter cars.

I am going to try the RS29, they ok on standard discs or do I need to change them too car has done about 4k ?

Thanks again.

I don’t know much about the standard disks, sorry but I’d have thought they’d be fine. Dotty ran them without issue.

Having problems with my discs since the track day. They are massively glazed. Feel has gone, and they feel like they are breaking with different pressures. Going to get them skimmed and some more track based pads

Did you do any cool-down driving during your track day? I hope you didn't put the handbrake on either!

Back